Hiking Trail

"Alright, we're all set!" I said as I put the backpack on and we began walking towards the trail. "Dad, aren't you going to be sweaty with that on?"James asked referring to the baby pack he had on his chest. "I'll be fine."He replied. "At least there's a breeze and the sun is out."Sam said as we began to climb our first hill. "Yeah but it's supposed to get hotter this afternoon."Alex said as we continued our walk. "There's water in the backpack if anyone wants any."I said looking back at the boys. Once we reached the first bench along the path, we stopped to catch our breaths and have a small water break before continuing our hike up to the peak of the mountain.

" I don't know why but I kind of want to climb a tree."Sam randomly said as they continued their walk through the trees. "Then go for it."Alex said as Sam went off the path and chose a tall sturdy tree to climb. "Wait! We'll climb one too!"James said as he and Will went off the path and chose sturdy trees to climb. "Hey be careful! We don't need any injuries on our hike."I said as the boys began to climb the trees.

After a two hour hike up the mountain, we finally reached the top. "Wow would you look at this amazing view!" Alex said as we all sat down either on some rocks, the small bench or on the path. "It's amazing!"Sam replied as I took a blanket out of the backpack and set it down on a small section of grass. "Who wants water?"I asked handing out water bottles to all the boys before grabbing my own and chugging half of it. "Alright, let's have some lunch!"James said pulling out the container of sandwiches and a bag of chips. "Dig in boy!"hunter said passing around the container of sandwiches.

Once we finished lunch and had a nice little rest, we noticed that rain clouds were starting to roll in from the distance. "Well, who's ready to head back to the cottage?" I asked packing everything up as James and Will were climbing rocks with Sam. "I'm so ready to head back and have a nap in the hammock."Hunter said as he helped me fold the blanket. "Hunter did you want me to carry Macey back?"Alex asked as he fed her some cereals. "You can if you'd like to." He replied.

Once we made it down the mountain and to the vehicles, we decided we would stop for ice cream on our way back to the cottage. "Hey guys say Hi to mom and dad!"Alex said pointing his phone towards all of us who were enjoying ice cream. "Hey mom, hey dad!" I said waving to the phone before Alex passed it to James and who had a small conversation with them. After he finished talking to my parents, he passed the phone back to Alex and finished his ice cream.

Once we finally got back to the cottage, the boys all raced upstairs and changed into their bathing suits. "Last one to the dock gets thrown in!"Sam yelled as Will and James raced down the stairs, out the door and down to the dock. "You coming Mads?"Hunter asked stopping at the door before grabbing a towel. "I'll be down in a bit, I've got to change Macey and then I'll be down for a swim."I reply as he walked out the patio door and down to the dock just as James came back into the cottage. "Mom have you seen my towel? I can't find it anywhere."He asked as Alex walked past and joined the others at the dock. "Yeah it's in hanging up in the laundry room. I put it there last night when I came into go to bed."He ran to the laundry room and quickly grabbed his towel just as Sam came running up the stairs and out the door. "Did uncle Sam just run by?"He asked popping his head out of the laundry room door. "Yeah it was."I replied. "Shit looks like I'm getting thrown into the lake then."He said walking down to the dock to join the boys.

Once they were all out of the cottage, I went up to Macey's room to change her and put her in her swimsuit before going to change into mine. "Alright baby girl, let's go cool off down in the lake."I picked Macey up out of the playpen and grabbed everything I needed for down by the water before walking down and out onto the dock where the boys were throwing James and Will off the dock and into the lake. "Hey guys, where's Macey's floaty?"I asked as they Hunter and my brothers turned.

"It's in the boathouse."Hunter replied as I walked over to boathouse and grabbed it. "Alright Mace, let's put your floaty in the water and relax."I said placing it in the shallow part before putting her in and beginning to walk out further. "Here I'll chill with my girl and you can go for a swim if you want."Hunter said coming over and spinning Macey around as I dove underwater and swam out further to the water trampoline we have on the water. "Fancy meeting you here!"Sam said as I resurfaced and climbed the ladder. "Oh shut up."I replied pushing him as he lost his balance and fell backwards into the water.

"Alright, night guys!"Alex said heading inside for the night. "Night uncle Al."James said as Alex began to walk up the path. "I think we're going to head inside to play video games for a bit before we go to bed."James said as he and Will stood up and made their way up to the cottage. "Night James, night Wiil."I said. "Night Mrs. Hastings."Will replied. "Night mom, love you."James said. "I love you too buddy."