Newborn Hastings

Hunter and I walked towards the barn and set up the stuff for Alex's 30thsurprise party that was happening tonight. "Hey sweetheart."My dad said as he placed the last table down before coming over and giving me a hug and a kiss on my forehead. "Hey dad want do you want us to help with?"I asked. "Well, I'll need Hunter's help to move the speakers and the DJ table over towards the wall over there and if you want to help your mom put plates and stuff out on the snack table that would be great."He replied before heading over to pick up the speakers near the barn doors. I walked over to the snack table and started to help my mom place the stuff out on the table. "I'm here!" Sam yelled entering the barn with a huge bunch of balloons followed by Lana.

"Where do you want these?"He asked coming over to the snack table. My mom stopped what she was doing for a minute and scanned the room. "How about we put some in each corner of the barn, at the entrance, the DJ table and the cake and gift table?"She said as Lana and Sam started to place the balloons around the room. "I'm going to grab the rest of the balloons from the car."Sam said as he placed the last of the balloons he had down by the gift and cake table.

After a few hours of prep, the barn was decorated and ready for Alex's birthday party. "Looks great you guys! How about we order a pizza and go for a swim before the party starts?"My dad said as we all agreed. My mom closed the barn doors to make sure nothing gets into the room then we all made our way back to the house and got changed to go swimming. "Okay I just texted Sierra and told her everything is ready for the party and to bring Alex home around 6:30 tonight."I said as I placed my phone down on the patio table.

Later that afternoon, our family and some of Alex's best friends started to show up around 5:30 6pm. Once everyone was there, I texted Sierra to let her know that everyone was here, and she could bring Alex to the barn. Once she texted me back, I announced to everyone that they were on their way down to the barn and that it was time to hide. My dad closed the barn doors and turned the lights down low. A few minutes later, the barn doors opened, and the lights came back on as everyone yelled "SURPRISE!"coming out of hiding. A huge smile lit up on my brother's face as he kept repeating "Shut up, there's no way!"Sam, my parents and I walked towards him and he gave us each a hug. "Happy birthday big bro!"I said as he hugged me and responded, "Was this your idea kid?" I looked up and nodded my head. "Thanks Mads, I love it!"He let go of the hug and then hugged my mom last.

"Do you think we should make the announcement now?"Hunter asked coming up beside me and wrapping his arm around my waist. I wrapped my arm around him and leaned my head on his chest. "Yeah I was going to wait before we sing and do cake."I replied. He nodded his head and we both made our way over to the DJ station. "Your family is here right?"I asked him before stepping up to the microphone. "Yeah they're over by the door."He replied. Hunter tapped the mic to make sure it was working before speaking into it.

"Hey everyone, we hope your having a good time. My wife and I have an announcement to make before we sing happy birthday and have some cake."He said as everyone came to a complete silence and put all attention on us. Once everyone was quiet and listening, Hunter passed the mic over to me and I continued. "First off, I want to wish Alex a happy 30th"I said looking towards him seeing a smile come upon his face. "Love you big bro! And secondly."I said taking a long pause before Hunter and I both shouted "WE"RE HAVING A BABY!"Once we had shared the news with our families and a few friends, everyone was clapping and congratulating us.

"My baby, congratulations! I'm so excited I'm going to be a grandma!" My mom said as she wrapped me in a tight hug before congratulating Hunter on becoming a dad. Then It was my dad's turn before Hunter's parents came over to tell us how excited they were to become grandparents. "Well who knew my baby sister would get married and have a baby before me?"Alex said causing us all to laugh. "Well to be fair man, I kind of saw it happening."Sam said as Alex playfully punched his arm. "Shut up I didn't ask you!"He replied. Then it was Hunter's sisters turn to come congratulate us on having a baby. "I'm so excited to meet baby Hastings!"Haily said with a huge smile on her face. "I'm going to spoil that baby and they're going to love me!"Baily said as we all laughed.