Two Years Later

*Hunter and Maddie have welcomed their daughter Macey May Hastings and James is 18 years old, soon to graduate high school*

"It's okay princess, daddy's here."Hunter said picking Macey up from her play pen in the living room as James came through the front door with a couple of his friends. "Hey mom"He said coming into the kitchen. "Hey boys, how was practice?"I asked as the three boys sat down at the island. "It was okay."James replied grabbing three water bottles out of the fridge. "Hey there's my Macey Moo."He said as Macey latched onto his finger. "Hey mom is it cool if we hang out by the pool this afternoon?"James asked opening his water bottle. I nodded in agreement and they headed out back by the pool.

"Hey I have to go out this afternoon, did you want to come with me?"Hunter asked grabbing a drink from the fridge. "Yeah sure" I replied going upstairs to change Macey's diaper and get her diaper bag ready to go for the afternoon. Once I finished that, I came back downstairs and opened the patio door. "James, we're going out to run some errands, we should be back in a couple of hours."I yelled out as he looked over from the pool."Alright see you guys in a bit then!"He replied before going back to swimming.

Once I locked the front door, I got in the passenger's seat of the truck and Hunter pulled out of the driveway and we were on our way to the mall. Once we had gotten to the mall, Hunter took the stroller out of the back of the truck while I got Macey out of her car seat to put her in the stroller before we headed into the building. "Hello?"Hunter said answering his phone while opening the door for me to go by with the stroller. He continued talking while we began walking through the mall "Okay, yeah I'll text you when we get home to let you know."He paused for a couple minutes before saying goodbye and hanging up. "Who was that?"I asked he put his phone back in his pocket and replied "It was just Baily. She asked if she could come by later this afternoon."

We stopped in at Hallmark to pick up a graduation gift for James. "Man I can't believe how time has flown by. Feels like yesterday he was just starting school."Hunter said as we looked for something unique. "Yep it sure has. I remember the day he was born, it feels just like yesterday."I replied picking up a small gift that had caught my eye. After that, we went over to the card section and picked out a graduation card to go along with his gift. "Hey I saw something over at the sports store I know he'd love."Hunter said as I grabbed an envelope to go with the card before we went up to the cash and paid for it.

"Can you text Baily and let her know we're on our way home"Hunter asked as we pulled out of the parking lot and onto the main road. I opened my text messages and clicked on her name texting her we should be home in about 15 minutes. "You think we should grab a pizza on the way home? Because I'm sure the boys haven't eaten yet."I asked Hunter as we came to a stop light. I texted James that we were on our way home and we were stopping to pick up some lunch for him and his two buddies. "Okay I'm going in to get the pizza, I'll be back in a minute." Hunter said getting out of the truck and going into the pizza place.

"Hey we're home!"I yelled walking into the house with Macey in one arm and the pizza in the other. "Hey mom."James replied "Lunch is on the island."I said placing the box of pizza down as the boys paused their video game and made their way over to the kitchen. "Thanks for lunch Mrs. H" James's friend Will said taking a slice. "Hey auntie B is in the house!"Baily said coming through the front door and over to the kitchen where we were all gathered around the island having pizza.

After we finished having lunch, the boys grabbed their gear and we headed out to James's last senior soccer game. "B want to come back to our place for burgers after the game? We're having his team over for a BBQ and pool party to celebrate the season."Hunter said as we sat in the stands with the other parents and some high school students. "Yeah sure."She replied as the game began and we started cheering the boys on.

The game was now tied at 3 a piece and it was down to the last minute of the game. "Go James! Carry it up!"Hunter yelled as James ran up the field in a two on one. "Go J you got it buddy!"I cheered as he passed it over to Will heading up to the net. Once the player from the opposing team was gaining up on him, Will passed the ball back over to James. "SHOOT!"Baily yelled as James got ready to take his shot with 30 seconds left in the tied game. James kicked the ball and it found its way in the back of the opposing team's net. The crowd roared in celebration of victory of winning this year's high school championship."That's my boy!"Hunter cheered.

After the game was over, everyone cleared out of the stands and made their way home. "Hey there's our soccer champ!"Hunter said as James came over to where we were standing. "Congrats bud, we're proud of you!"I said giving him a hug before he took Macey out of my arms and carried her to the car. "Hey J... Great job out there kiddo! Proud of you!"Baily said. As she gave him a pat on the back. "Hey let me get a quick picture of you."I said pulling my phone out of my pocket. I opened the camera app and snapped a couple of pictures of James and Macey before putting my phone back in my pocket. Once we got into the truck, we made our way home and set everything up for the BBQ.

"Hey guys?"James said as we pulled into the driveway. "Thanks again for always coming out and supporting me at my sporting games."He opened his door and grabbed his gym bag from the back of the truck. "you're welcome buddy, you know we'll always be there to support you in everything you do."I replied as I opened the door to get Macey out of her car seat. "Oh and mom one more thing."He added walking over from the other side of the truck to where I was unbuckling Macey's seat belt. "Thanks for agreeing to host the team party."He said giving me a hug before heading inside to change before his teammates and coaches came over. "You're welcome J."I replied. "I'm going to start the BBQ now so that the burgers will be ready for when they get here."Hunter said heading out the backyard with the tray full of burger patties. "Alright Macey Moo, why don't we go get you changed."I said heading through the hallway towards the stairs just as the doorbell rang. Before heading up the stairs, I stopped at the door to see who it was.

I opened the front door to reveal Will "Hey Mrs. H I know I'm a little early but I hope that's okay."He said stepping inside. "Oh no worries, James told me you probably would be the first one here anyways."I replied before James came running down the stairs in his swimming trunks. "Hey man, come on upstairs. You can put your stuff in my room."James said leading Will up the stairs before stopping at the top. "Thanks for letting me spend the night man."Will said to James as they did their handshake. "Your parents didn't come with you?"I asked before he replied. "No they came to the game but they had some dinner with friends of theirs at 6."

After I changed Macey's diaper, I brought her back downstairs and into the backyard where the team party had begun for James and his teammates. "Hey you want me to take Mace while you bring out the plates and stuff?"Baily asked coming up beside me while Macey latched onto her finger. "Want to go see auntie B?"I asked as I handed Macey over to Baily and went inside to get all the plates and napkins for the food.

Once the party was over and everyone had left, Hunter went to put Macey to bed while Baily, James and I cleaned up the backyard and the kitchen before Baily was ready to go. "Thanks for helping us with the party tonight Baily, we appreciated it."Hunter said as we stood at the door and said goodnight to his sister. "Oh you're welcome, anytime."She replied. "WE will see you tomorrow?"I asked as she opened the door and we now stood outside on the porch. "Yeah what time do you want us there?"She asked. "The grad ceremony starts at 3pm so maybe meet us there at 2:30"I replied before she walked to her car and we waved goodnight.

"Alright I'm off to bed now, it's been a long day."I said letting out a big yawn. "I think I'm going to watch the rest of the basketball game and then I'll be up." Hunter said stretching before I gave him a hug and kiss goodnight. "I love you." He said "Love you too." I replied making my way up the stairs.