Houston Ready For Take Off

The next morning, I was being woken up by Hunter whispering in my ear "Babe, wake up" I stirred a little keeping my eyes closed as he whispered again "Babe, wake up, we've got to get ready to go to the space center." This time, I let my eyes open slowly to adjust to the light then I look up at Hunter and planted a soft kiss on his lips. "I'm up." I said smiling as I sat up placing my feet on the side of the bed. I stood up, grabbed a water bottle from the mini fridge and took a drink then; I went into the bathroom and changed into some jean shorts and a grey tank top that said to infinity & beyond. After that, I brushed my hair out and did a small braid on each side pulling it back with small elastics and washed my face with cold water and finished by brushing my teeth and putting on a silver necklace Alex got me as a birthday present when I turned 16. Once I was done, I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my watch, phone and backpack purse then opened the door. "Ready to go Hunt?" I asked him as he got up from the chair grabbing his wallet and room key then following behind me. "Yeah, let's go." He said as he closed the door and we met up with Mina and Justin who were also running a little late on schedule.

After we arrived to the space center, we walked through a few exhibits then made our way to the tram tour that would take us around the NASA Johnson Space Center. Once that was done, we walked to the Mission Control center and checked it out. "Woah! Look at all the screens tracking different missions, this is so cool!" Carter said as we scanned many of the screens in front of us. As we left the mission control center, we took out a map to see what else we could check out. "Let's check out the International Space Station gallery!" Alex and I said in unison. We made our way to the exhibit and separated in all directions going to check out the artifacts and reading about missions and stuff. After we finished walking through most of the exhibits, we left the Space center and went to a pizza place for lunch. "What do you guys say, should we go check out the battleship Texas?" Carter said while grabbing a slice of pizza from the center of the table. I searched up the place on my phone then showed them what it looked like. "Yeah, sure, looks interesting!" Jack and Justin said in unison. We finished eating lunch then left heading off to the Texas battleship historic site.

After a few minutes, we arrived at the place and boarded the boat. "Howdy y'all, welcome to Battleship Texas, how may I help ya today?" A man standing by the entrance said as he approached us. We told him we were here to tour the ship and we paid for our tickets and followed him up some stairs. "My name is Brian and I'm going to be your tour guide for this visit!" He said as we followed him into one of the rooms of the ship. We started off in the control cabin where the captain and some of the crew used to steer the ship. Then he took us through the rest of the ship.

Once we finished touring the boat, we left and went out for dinner at a small diner across the street from the hotel then went back to the hotel. "Guys are gone to the gym." Cali said walking into, my room followed by Mina and Sophie. They all sat down and starred at me with huge smiles on their faces. "Why are you guys looking at me like that for?" I asked with a confused look on my face. Cali jumped up and pulled two makeup bags up onto the bed while Mina pulled out hair supplies and Sophie, nail polish and creams. "Oh hell no!" I said getting up and booking it towards the door. Just as I was about to reach out for the door knob, Mina pulled me back and lead me towards the chair in the corner. "There's no way in hell that I'm letting you give me a makeover!" I said trying to get out of the chair but couldn't escape because Mina kept pointing for me to sit back down. "Come on Maddie, just this one time...Please!" Cali begged as she put her makeup bags on the table and taking out the basics she needs to start. "You guys know I don't like wearing makeup... It gives me rashes." I said letting out a sigh.

"I promise as soon as I'm done, you can take it off." Cali said. A moment of silence drifted past us as Mina searched up some ideas on what to do to my hair while Sophie searched up some ideas for nail designs. "Alright, fine but... Only this once!" I said giving in. Cali squealed and started my makeup. We played some music and sang along, I watched as Cali reached for the mascara and opened it. "Close your eyes." She said as I shut my eyes and felt the mascara brush up against my lashes.

Once she was done my makeup, she turned the chair around so that I was facing the mirror. I looked in the mirror and she smiled at me. "There you go boo." She said as I observed her makeup work in the mirror. "Thanks boo." I replied as Mina got ready to do my hair. "Okay so, I found a few hair styles I thought would suit you but I want to know which one you like the most." She said I scrolled through the pics she had on her phone then stopped on one where the girl's hair was straight and had a braid at the back that formed a rose in it. "I really like this one." I said giving her back her phone. "Okay." She said and started doing my hair.

After she finished braiding my hair and pinning the braided part in the form of a rose, she plugged in her hair straightener and combed out my hair. She then grabbed the straightener and started straightening section by section. "And there you go gorgeous!" She said placing the straightener down on the table. Sophie placed all the nail stuff and creams down on the table and got ready to do my nails. "Okay so, I was thinking of doing something like this." She said showing me a picture of nails that were painted teal and one was gold while the other was stripped in teal and white with an anchor painted on top. "Okay it looks good and I love the colours." I said as she started getting the supplies out.

A few minutes later, Sophie was done doing my nails and my makeover was completed. As I was about to get up and go take off the makeup, the boys all barged into the room with a water bottle in a hand and a towel on their shoulder. "Woah what happened to you?" Alex said observing my look that the girl gave me. "Don't even start with me!" I said walking past him trying to make my way past the rest of the boys so I could get in the bathroom and clean the makeup off my face. "I wasn't going to say anything bad Maddie, all I was going to say was that you look good!" Alex said. As I walked by the rest of the boys, I was stopped by a hand grabbing my arm and spinning me around to face them. "You look beautiful baby... You should wear makeup more often" Hunter whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine making my heart beat race. "Thanks handsome." I whispered placing my arms around his neck and planting a kiss on his soft lips.

Once I was done cleaning the makeup off my face, I walked back out into the room and saw that Mina and Justin were gone. "Where did Mi and Justin go?" I asked "Justin went to have a shower and Mina went to bed." Sophie said as I sat down on the bed. Cali looked over to Sophie and then back at me with a huge smile growing on her lips. "What?" I asked curious to know what she was hiding from me. "Nothing." She replied. I gave her a serious look demanding to know what she was hiding from me the she caved in and said "Alright fine, you caught me!" She said. "I came up with the idea to give you a makeover so we could find the perfect makeup, hairstyle and nails for you on your wedding day!" She replied "And I may or may not have another surprise." She added as I sat there quietly then replied "Promise no more makeovers!" She laughed then replied "I promise no more makeovers...for now anyways!" I laughed then replied "Okay then tell me what it is!" She sat there making faces for a few seconds then replied "Sorry boo but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow!" I sighed and said

"Okay fine, I guess I can wait until tomorrow then!" She got up to go to her room followed by Jack and then we said good night, I crawled under the covers then cuddled up to Hunter's chest and closed my eyes.