The Perfect Moment

Once our flight landed at the Sydney airport, we grabbed our suitcases and went to crash at the hotel. When we got in the room, I ran straight for the bed and laid across it closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. Hunter came down and laid beside me, wrapping his arms around me and asked " Mads, you look tired." I turned my head to look at him and replied. "I am, especially after that long and scary day." He looked me deep in the eyes and said " Don't worry, she's locked up now and I'm never leaving you because I love you too much and without you, I wouldn't have a smile on my face every day." He said as my eyes watered up with tears, he wiped a tear that was dripping down my cheek and kissed my forehead. "Good because I love you too and without you, I wouldn't have someone to make me laugh every day." I said as he brushed my hair out of my face while I closed my eyes to fall asleep.

The next morning, we got dressed in our bathing suits and had a beach day. When we got to the beach, there wasn't many people there but one person who was working in the snack shack on the beach said that this part of the beach is the quietest part because everyone goes to the most popular beaches for the big waves. We laid our towels out in the sand near a palm tree and of course Jack and Hunter ran to the palm trees and started climbing them while we watched. After that, Cali and Sophie went to walk along the shore line while Mina and Justin went to the boat shop to see what time the boat left to take us scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef. While I was watching the two guys act like monkeys, Brent stood beside me and said " I heard Hunter has a huge surprise for you." I gave him a super confused look and asked "What are you talking about?" His eyes widened and he knew he shouldn't have said anything. " Oh you weren't supposed to know where you?" I stood there and gazed away for a moment and came back and replied "No I wasn't." Just as I said that, hunter and Jack came over and Hunter said "No what?" Brent and I both looked at each other and said " Nothing." Hunter looked at Jack and shrugged his shoulders then, we walked towards the shore line and stuck our toes in the water.

The water was cold and refreshing as I kept walking out into the ocean. "Mads, come on just dive in already the water's fine!" Hunter yelled from a few feet away. I dove in and swam out to where everyone else was. When I resurfaced, everyone was laughing because my hair was covering my face making it hard for me to see. I went under water to get my hair out of my face and when I resurfaced, I could see. Cali got on Jack's back for a piggy back ride and I got on Hunter's back for one. "Why are you on my back?" Jack asked as Cali shrugged. " I don't know maybe because it's fun." She replied. Just then Hunter went under water with me still on his back. I screamed as he went under and I fell off, when he resurfaced, he was laughing. "That wasn't funny!" I said to him then Sophie laughed and asked "Then why was there a smile on your face when he went under." I looked at her and replied " Because Hunter makes me smile." Cali and Mina cooed "Aww that's so cute!" I smiled and gave Hunter a kiss on the cheek as he picked me up bridal style and spun me around in the water. Then, he let go and went under water, when he came back up, I was now sitting on his shoulders. " Aw that's so relationship goals!" Sophie said as Cali took the GoPro and snapped a pic. After that, Cali got on Jack's shoulders and they took a picture.

A few minutes later, we got out and grabbed our towels to go to the boat that was waiting for us. " This is going to be awesome!" I said with excitement. " Well, I don't know, I've never done this before and I'm kinda scared." Mina said. I smiled and reassured her everything would be fine as we got onto the boat. Once we were on the boat, the guide gave us each a wet suit to put on top of our swimsuits. Then later when we would arrive at the Great Barrier Reef, we would put on the rest of the gear. A couple moments later, we had arrived and we put the rest of the gear on and the guide dove into the water as the rest of us completed putting the oxygen tanks on. One after another, we dove in and swam down to the reef. Cali looked at me and then pointed to a sea turtle which is my favorite animal, I smiled then looked back at her and pointed to the coral reef that was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. We swam closer to it and watched as all kinds of fish swam around us, there were clown fish, angle fish, spotted fish and so many more. I looked up towards the surface of the water as Hunter pointed to a huge sting ray swimming above us, I smiled and looked his way as a turtle passed between us. I put my hand out to touch it's shell and it was awesome.

After we were done scuba diving, we got back on the boat and took off all the gear along with the wet suits. I went up to the front of the boat and sat on the mesh netting as the wind blew my hair back. Hunter came up and sat beside me putting an arm around me. There was a long moment of silence between us as I leaned my head on his shoulder and watched dolphins jump out of the water. When we got back to the dock, we carried the scuba equipment back to the shack and then went back to our spot we were before scuba diving. When we got back, we laid our towels back down and ran back into the water and had a massive water fight while Mina took pictures. "Mina! Come join us!" Sophie yelled from where we were standing. " No I'm okay, I'd rather take pictures instead of being in the middle of that mess." She yelled back. I got out of the water to dry off but before I even touched the sand, Hunter grabbed my arm and pulled me in close while everyone stood around us with their cameras. " Hunter, what's going on? Why do they all have their phones in their hand? And why does Mina have my phone and Jack have yours?" I asked as he smiled and let a moment of silence go by. Then he said " Maddie, there's something I need to tell you." I looked around at our friends who were watching us.

And then, Hunter got down on one knee and grabbed my hands " Madison Alexandra Gem, I love you very very much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He said as Jack handed him a small white box and as he opened it he finished by saying "So Mads, will you do the honors and marry me?" He opened the box as I put my hands up to my face in awe and tears of joy rushing down my face I replied " Hunter Alexander Hastings... Yes!" He placed the ring on my ring finger and lifted me up in a hug and I gave him a kiss. All of our friends were now cheering and taking pictures. "Brent, is this what you were trying to tell me earlier?" I asked and he replied " Yeah ." I smiled as Hunter intertwined our hands together. " I love you!" He said. "I love you more!" I said as I pushed him into the water. After that, I ran to shore as he came running after me. " Okay, children that's enough." Mina said as I hid behind her. Just then, Hunter ran after me again and this time caught me, picked me up and put me over his shoulder. " Hunter put me down!" I said as he took me back down to the water and threw me in. When I came back up above the waves, Hunter was laughing at me and so was everyone else. " It's not funny! I was going to dry off so I can go get dressed." I said as I walked out onto the warm sandy beach. I grabbed my towel and wrapped myself in it.

After we left the beach, we went back to the hotel and changed into some comfy clothes. I went through my suitcase to look for my red plaid shirt and my jean shorts . When I found it, I went to the bathroom to change while Hunter looked for his pair of jeans and a shirt, when I came back out into the room, he was wearing the same color plaid shirt I was. He looked up from his suit case and said " Wow, didn't think you packed your plaid shirt I bought you." I smiled and said "And I didn't know you brought yours either." He smiled and laid down on the bed as I sat in front of him. " Can I try braiding your hair?" He asked speaking softly into my ear. " Yes." I replied as he moved a piece of hair out of my eye. " I'm going to do two braids because you look really cute with them." He said as I let out a little laugh. " Okay, do whatever you want." I answered as he started braiding my hair with his gentle hands. " There, all done!" He said getting up off the bed. I got up and went to look in the mirror when I saw how cute it looked, I smiled as he came up behind me wrapping his hands around my waist. " Looks good, thank you." I said to him and then took my phone out of my pocket to take a picture of us. After that, there was a knock on our door, I opened the door as Cali stood there with a smile on her face. " You guys ready?" She asked " Yep let's go!" I said as I made sure Hunter grabbed the key so we could get back into our room.

When we started walking the streets of Sydney, we weren't too sure what we wanted to eat so Justin asked " What does everyone want to eat?" I had a craving for pizza so much right now that I smiled and said " Pizza!" And Sophie, Cali, Jack and Hunter agreed. So we walked into a small pizza parlor down a few blocks from the hotel. We walked in and sat down at a table. " What kind of pizza do you guys want? And it has to be gluten free for Jack." Cali asked. " Pepperoni." We all agreed as Cali went to order. When she came back, she noticed Hunter and I's matching outfits. " Awe you guys are twining! That's cute." She cooed as I blushed a little. Then Sophie smiled and said " Hashtag relationship goals right here!" Everyone laughed and soon our pizza came, we each took a slice and enjoyed the warm, cheesy pizza. " This hit the spot!" I said as I finished my slice of pizza. When we were done eating, we headed back to the hotel to relax and rest up for tomorrow's day.