Where Is She?

A few hours later, I woke up to some yelling and pillows being thrown across the room. It was 2 am and when I sat up to see what was going on, I saw Brent throwing pillows across the room yelling, blaming him for Sophie's disappearance. A pillow came flying my way, I dodged it but when I came back up from dodging that pillow, another one came my way, this time; I didn't dodge fast enough to avoid the next pillow so it hit me in the face. "Brent! Stop throwing pillows, you're going to break something!" Justin said. I wiped my tired eyes and Hunter came over to sit beside me, he wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face in his chest. He played with my hair as I wrapped my arms around him and once again, Brent started throwing but this time, it wasn't pillows, it was breakable things. "Gem! Watch out!" Cali yelled as a vase came crashing down on my back. I started to cry feeling pain shoot down my back as blood started to slowly drip down the back of my neck, my sweater absorbing it.

The police officer took Brent outside as Hunter took me up to the bathroom to clean up the cuts on my back. I watched him as he carefully dabbed the cuts on my back with a towel and rubbing alcohol, when it comes to taking care of people, Hunter is good at it. I twitched as the cold alcohol was applied on the cuts, I couldn't take the pain of it so tears streamed down my cheeks. Just then, Mina appeared in the door frame giving me a worried look. "Are you okay Maddie?" She asked as I looked up at her. She slowly came forward and wiped my tears away as Hunter finished up cleaning the cuts on my back. I shook my head and looked back down. "Did they find her yet?" I asked. "No but they did find another note and this time, in a neighbor's yard." She replied, the sadness hit me once again and this time, I wasn't crying, I blanked out and sat there in the bathroom wondering about Sophie and where she could be. Couple minutes later, Mina snapped me out of my fearful thoughts and we went down to Jessica's room where it was quiet and I could get back to sleep. "Mina, why does Raven want to hurt us again? I mean, doesn't she know hurting us isn't going to make her a better person?" I said as both Jessica and Mina looked at me intrigued. Mina has known Raven since high school so she is kind of an expert when it comes to people like that. Raven and Mina were friends in high school and then one day, Raven went crazy and hasn't been the same since. " Madison, we all know Raven went crazy way back when, so it doesn't surprise me that she would try and kill someone. But taking Sophie again because she wants Brent isn't going to help her now, nothing is." Mina replied. I thought back on the day where everyone found out Raven liked Brent and a bunch of other guys we worked with in the summer and how mad she got at me for that stupid What are the odds game when I told her every time she heard Brent, she'd have to hug him. She hated me so much and said she'd come back for revenge but why on Sophie? Sophie didn't do anything, she's my friend. Is Raven going to come after my friends to get to me or... Is she going to do something worse?

I woke up the next morning to music coming from down the hall so, I got up and went to see where it was coming from. When I turned the corner of the hall, I walked by the bathroom to find the source of music coming from there. "Morning Maddie!" Jessica said looking through the mirror at me while straightening her hair. I smiled and replied "Morning Jess." She put down her straightener and chose a different song then she grabbed her makeup kit and placed it on the counter. I walked away and went towards the kitchen where Mandy was cooking breakfast. "Morning Mandy!" I said "Smells good!" I added. Mandy smiled and replied "Morning Madison!" She placed a plate down on the counter for me and placed some bacon, some hash browns and toast on my plate then I went over and sat at the table with Damian and Jack. "How's your back?" Jack asked as I placed my plate down on the table. "It still hurts but it's getting better." I replied. Mandy came over and sat down with us to eat breakfast. After breakfast, I had a shower and got dressed then, I went for a walk down by the pond with Mina and Jessica. " Do you think Sophie is going to be alive when they find her?" Jessica asked as I felt my heart drop with the thought of Sophie being dead. Mina froze at the thought of that image of Sophie being dead and stood there then, she said "No, she won't be dead...I know she's still out there and still alive. Sophie's a strong girl." Jessica was silent after that and we continued walking, I then spotted the old barn Jessica and I used to hang out in whenever I came over to Scotland. "Hey, that thing is still standing?" I asked pointing to the old structure as Jessica looked up with a smile on her face, we stopped in our tracks and Jessica replied "Yeah, I'm just as surprised as you are. Want to go in and check it out?" A big smile came upon my face and I shook my head yes but, just as I was about to start running towards the barn, Mina pulled both Jessica and I back and pointed to the grass.

We looked down to the ground and our eyes widened with fear, Jessica yelled for Officer Walters and Officer Reagan to come see this and they quickly appeared with a couple other officers and the rest of our friends all except Brent who was in the house with Damian. "What have we here?" Officer Walters asked as she got down to take a sample. She then handed it to an analyst who was standing beside her and then she said " Go get some DNA tests on this blood." The analyst ran to the truck to analyze it as we followed the trail of blood. Half way down the trail, Officer Reagan said "Is that barn over there unlocked?" Mandy shook her head no and then took the keys out of her pocket and handed them to Officer Derek. " We always leave it locked. Why officer what's wrong?" She asked concerned about what was happening. Officer Walters pointed to the blood trail that soon lead us to the locked door of the old building. "We're going to go in quietly in case they're in there." She said. We followed her into the barn quietly walking on our toes not making a sound. The blood trail got thicker as we moved further into the barn, we soon heard someone moving around up in the landing, officer Walters told us to stay behind her and stay quiet. We did as she asked and stayed behind her for safety, when we got to the top, I couldn't believe my eyes. Sophie was tied to the post holding up the roof of the barn and Raven was standing in front of her holding a knife to her chin. "Okay, I'm going to move in slowly, I called for backup, they're on their way." She whispered as she went towards them quietly. Sophie slowly turned her head towards us, her face was badly bruised and blood was running down her cheek staining her shirt. The backup came quietly running up the stairs past us to go help officer Walters."

Officer Walters signaled the backup to move in and try to get clear shot then she yelled "Freeze!" Raven turned around, knife still against Sophie's chin, then she said "Take one more step and I stab her in the neck!" Raven said pointing the knife to officer Walters. Officer Walters backed up and raised her hands in defense. "Raven, there's no need to do this!" She said slowly moving forward towards them, just then, Fushi and Raven's other hence man came out and stood beside her. The took out guns and loaded them but before they could shoot, the backup officers took a clean shot and both guys fell to the ground. Raven watched as both her sidekicks fell to the floor dropping their guns and as she was watching that happen, one of the backup officers untied Sophie from the post and took her out to the ambulance to get her checked out. "Raven, this can all end now, just put down the knife down. You can leave here if you just trust me." Officer Walters said as Raven's fear grew strong towards the cop.

After Raven was placed in custody, they sent her to an asylum where she would spend the rest of her life. Now that Brent knew Sophie was safe, he could finally sleep, holding her in his arms tighter than he ever has. I watched as they slept silently, Sophie stirring in her sleep snuggling into Brent's chest. I went down to Jessica's room to go to bed because we leave tomorrow for London England and now we know that Raven is locked up for good, we won't have to fear her anymore.