Male!Byleth x Reader

"That's it for class today. You're dismissed." I sighed. Being a professor was hard, even after two years of work at the monastery. I cleaned up my papers and books and such and headed out, and bumped into our newest professor, Byleth. "Oh! Good morning, Y/n. Sorry about that, I wasn't watching where I was going."

I mumble a sorry in response, and walk away, slightly blushing. Unfortunately, the last person I'd want watching, was doing exactly that. "Y/n, dear, what was that about?" Manuela asks. "He just bumped into me, nothing much. Why are you asking?" "Because I saw you blushing, which means you like him." My heart skips a beat and I step back a bit. "Ha! No way in hell! I prefer being single anyway," I say, proving my point. Manuela clicks her tongue and shakes her head in disapproval. I simply walk away, leaving her in the dust, along with her suggestion.

I spent the rest of the day continuously bumping into him in the halls, greeting him, and sometimes he'd walk into my classroom while I was in the middle of a lecture! It was unbelievable! Manuela was consumed by the idea that it was fate, or true love, but I thought otherwise.

"Y/n, come on! You're going to have to fall in love with him at one point!" I sigh and mumble to myself. "I think I already have..." "What was that?" Manuela asks. "Oh, nothing, just reviewing something for tomorrow's class!" She nods. "Sure~" She taunts sarcastically.

I headed back to my personal dorm, when, you guessed it, I saw Byleth walking towards me again. "Good evening, Y/n," He says politely. "Same to you," I reply. "Can you put those in your dorm and then meet me outside the greenhouse? Thanks," He says and leaves, giving me no context and leaving me in confusion. "I guess the only way to find out is to meet him."

I set my books down on my desk and headed back outside, then to the greenhouse. The monastery was in silence. I knew the Black Eagles were on a mission, and so were the Blue Lions, and the Golden Deer, my class, they were settling a few things in a nearby town, after an attack of thieves. They volunteered to clean up the messes, calm down citizens, stuff like that.

"Byleth, I'm here!" I yelled into the greenhouse. "Oh, Y/n! You made it quicker than I'd expected." "My dorm is literally right next to the greenhouse, Byleth." A small blush appears on his face, but he turns around to look at some flowers as a poor excuse to hide it. "So, Byleth," He turns around to face me, reacting to the sound of his name. "Why did you call me here?"

He walked toward me, grabbing my hands in his own. I looked down at them, and blushed at the sight. "U- um... Byleth?" I ask, but I was silence by warm lips pressing on mine. My eyes closed slowly, returning the kiss. His blue hair brushed against my forehead, a ticklish feeling. (idek anymore) My hair had a hand buried in it, and I let it stay there, despite my disliking for physical contact. In all honesty, I don't know how I even let him hold my hands. It's love I hear my mind telling me, but I can't allow that, but little did I know, that was exactly what I was doing.

~The next day~

"Good morning sun, good morning sky, and good morning Byleth~" "Ha! I'm surprised you've already memorized when I come to greet you. Well, either way, good morning darling." I giggle. "Same to you," I say, and peck a small kiss on his lips. "Oh, you prefer to single, you say?" "Manuela!" Byleth and I yell in unison. "Sorry, I'll give you two some privacy~" I facepalm and start running after her, hearing Byleth laughing from behind me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N I finished chapter 9 in the game last night and I'm still crying. I want to say something, but I'm not going to give away spoilers. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Requests are back open, so feel free to request, and be sure to leave a vote and follow me for more!

-GoddessInternal