"Thank you, you look amazing as always" I replied taking his outstretched hand. Our fingers lacing together as he lead me out of the apartment and towards the elevator.

"So where are we going?" I asked curiously moving back and forth on my heel.

"It's a surprise" he said making me roll my eyes playfully.

"A hint?" I suggested trying to get anything out of him.

"Hmm... no" he said pretending to think before shaking his head.

"Come on" he said pulling me along before letting our hands drop as we exited onto the main road.

He opened my side of the car as always letting me slip in and buckle up as he headed to his side.

-

"Where are we?" I asked curiously as Shawn pulled up to a restaurant.

"You ask a lot of questions you know that, right?" He asked making me nod my head followed by a giggle.

He got out of his side before running over to my side, opening the door for me to get out. I smiled as his hand made its way to my back as he lead me inside.

"Hi, I have a reservation for Mendes" he said saying his last name louder than the rest. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised at his strange act.

The ladies eye widened as she nodded before rushing off somewhere.

"What was that all about?" I asked my eyebrow still raised at him.

"Not sure" he said smirking at me. I immediately knew he did know what was going on and this was always apart of his plan.

I shook my head with a chuckle before an older looking man with a name pin that said 'manager'.

"If you could follow me, I'll be leading you to your table" he said poshly as he walked off in the direction that wasn't where the rest of the dinner tables were.

"You're not planning to kill me are you?" I asked with a giggle.

"Wouldn't dream of it baby" he whispered making me blush and butterflies erupt in my stomach. His pet names always got me feeling giddy.

Soon enough we were walking up two flights of stairs that lead to a door.

The manager soon pushed the door open revealing a rooftop terrace with one single table sitting in the middle of it.

I gasped before taking a few steps forward onto the terrace. I looked around me seeing the bright lights of Los Angeles surrounding us. It was the most beautiful scenery I'd ever seen.

"Holy shit" I muttered, hearing a chuckle beside me. I glanced over at him to see him looking down with a smile, his hands resting in his pockets.

"Shawn this is beautiful" I said looking around realising there were multiple candles laying around. He went to all this effort for me?

"Come sit" he said ushering me towards the table in the middle of it all. I grabbed his hand as he pulled out my chair for me to sit down.

"So... do you like it?" He asked taking a seat in his own chair.

"Like it? Shawn I love it! This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me" I said looking around at me still gobsmacked at the whole thing.

"Thank you" I said resting my hand on top of his, my eyes finding his again.

"Anything for you" he said before a waiter came to our table.

"Hi, I'm going to be your waiter this evening, here are the menu's... can I grab you anything to drink?" The young man asked glancing at the both of us.

"Can we grab a bottle of your Zuccardi Finca Piedra Infinita please" Shawn said making my eyes widen. Zuccardi was a wine brand known for all of its wine bottles being over a hundred dollars.

"Shawn that's expensive" I said my eyes still bulging out of my head.

"Anything for you Em" he said with a grin on his face.

"Shawn I cant accept that. That's so dear" I said glancing at the menu that also was expensive.

"Please let me Emily. You reunited my family and I could never thank you enough for that. You've made my life so much better since you've entered it... Please just let me spoil you princess" he said making my eyes slightly water.

I'd never been treated so well in my entire life by a man. And the fact that he called me princess was enough to melt me into a puddle.

I nodded making him smile widely.

-

A/N: y'all this was adorable and cute. I fucking love Emily and Shawn. I'm thinking about all the stuff I'm planning for this story and it's actually crazy but I really don't want this story to be over 100 chapters but with all my planning it might have to tbh haha