Chapter 27

The expedition came to an end as we had accomplished our goal of reaching floor 59 and defeating Revis. And after resting two days while the other members of the familia were collecting the materials needed as payment for the Hephaestus familia and also other quests from the Dian Cecht familia it was time to head back to the surface.

Finn wanted the lower levels to get some fighting experience so he told the higher members to rest but I asked him if I could take part of the vanguard at least in the deep levels of the dungeon to get more fighting experience.

He allowed me to do so and while the other higher levels rested I fought the monster, Aiz came with me as my "supervisor" to give me some advice in how to fight the that I haven't fought before.

Thanks to Aiz's advice and the help of the other members of the familia it was really easy to defeat all the monsters, except the poison vermis, those monster have a really powerful venom and they come in packs. Aiz and I had to fight them alone because we were the only ones in the vanguard who were able to resist the venom.

After a day, we reached the lower floors, Aiz and I stayed in the vanguard just in case we had to help the other members of the familia but we were lucky enough that we didn't have to intervene so instead we talked all the way through the dungeon.

Talking with Aiz was really fun, she was kind of an airhead but she had a lot of fun stories about the familia, like when Riveria threw her in to the river to teach her how to swim, or at least that was what Riveria said, Aiz told me that it was revenge because she called her old hag and more stories like that. I told her stories about my childhood outside of Orario with my grandfather. We had a lot of fun together joking and talking through the dungeon.

"it is not the best place but at least I can talk with her" I thought. I already liked Aiz from the first time I saw her but from getting to know her I liked her more and more.

"When we settle down after reaching the surface I'm going to ask her on a date"

After resting for a bit in the 18 floor, we continued our way into the surface.

When we came out of the dungeon it was midnight so after parting ways with the smiths of the Hephaestus familia we went home.

When we reached the gate of the twilight manor, Loki came out of the door to greet us.

- We are home Loki. - Finn said.

- Welcome back! - Loki answered.

Because it was midnight, everyone went to sleep, except for the captains and the goddess, who had a long discussion over the events that happened in the dungeon.

- So, the dungeon was different that what Zeus familia described, Revis summoned a dragon that could be around level 6-7, Bell defeated it, then Revis came and you defeated it. It's that everything? - Loki summarized.

- Yup. - Gareth replied.

- Any opinions Finn? - Loki answered.

- I don't know, my thumb was tingling even after we left the 59 floor, and I'm sure that Revis boss or his underlings will appear again soon but for now we have to investigate everything about the dungeon, and one thing that comes to mind is that the dungeon might have another entrance.

- Why do you think that? - Loki answered.

- After the fight against Revis in Orario I put some vigilance in the entrance of the dungeon but they never saw her enter the dungeon. It could be possible that she slipped through the guards but another entrance to the dungeon could be the way evilus put the traps in the dungeon.