Chapter 23

The day has come, today, we were heading towards the unknown, the 59th floor. Eina couldn't tell me anything about the deeper levels because this information is kept in secret by the higher ups in the guild and the familias that successfully reached them. Everything I knew about them was thanks to Riveria, who told me while she was helping me use my magic.

The 51st through 57th Floors are a labyrinth which is rare on the deeper floors. The walls, ground, and ceiling are flat and the structure makes it seem that it was carefully measured. Many corners and crossroads exist across the floors.

The floors are also called the Dragon's Vase, as starting from the 52nd Floor the Valgang Dragons on the 58th Floor lock onto adventurer positions and fire flares through multiple floors. The 58th Floor is one vast room. The walls, ground, and ceiling are made of graphite and resemble a huge rectangular room. It contains a large number of Valgang Dragons.

The best word to describe this floors was hell. Dragons can use their firebreath attacks from one floor to other and they also have free mobility between floors, so you have to be careful and you have to stay on guard all the time so you don't get caught on their attacks.

Sincerely, I was scared, the lower I had been on the dungeon was floor 25th and now I was about to head to a place where only the best adventurers in the history managed to reach, but I was also excited about it, this is where the strongest monsters are, and I have to defeat them if I want to become a hero someday, and now that I can fight besides Aiz I have to show her what I am made of.

The night before Finn explained the plan to all the familia, the first tier adventurers, AIz, Tione, Tiona and Bete, the head of the familia, Finn, Riveria and Gareth, the captain of the Hephaestus familia, Tsubaki, and Raul, Lefiya and myself as supporters. Aki and Alicia had to stay on the camp to protect it.

And so, it was time. I equipped myself with the armor and sword that Welf made for me and I went towards the group. Everyone was ready so after Finn gave the last orders to the camp, we departed towards the adventure.

The vanguard was formed by Bete, Tiona, Tione and Aiz while in the rear was Gareth and Tsubaki. In the middle it was Lefiya, Raul and me, while Finn and Riveria protected us. We advanced without any problems through the 51st and 52nd floor, but when we reached the 53rd floor problems reached us.

We talked a bit while walking, but Lefiya, I don't know why, gave me a despised look and so she said.

- Could you stop talking?, You are distracting me.

- I'm sorry. - I replied a bit unsure of what she meant. Everyone was talking so I don't know why she only said it to me.

- Don't let it get to your head that you are here, you may think that you are part of our familia but everyone despises you, so don't get cocky. - Lefiya said.

- ... Why? Why you despise me so much if I haven't done anything? Why you hate me when I want to be part of the familia? You know, all my family is death, I decided to come to Orario to become an adventurer to get strong to protect others. Everyone rejected me at first sight, until Loki accepted me and I became part of this familia, the only thing I want to do is help this familia because is the only family I have left so if you want to hate me, do so, but you are still part of MY familia so I'll still be there for you and for everyone no matter what.

- Shut up!! I still hate you. - Lefiya replied shouting as she run away.

Lefiya run to where the vanguard was, but in that moment, a dragon attacked us from under the ground and a hole opened in the ground, the vanguard managed to dodge it but Lefiya wasn't as lucky and she fell through the hole.

- Ahhh!!!!. - Lefiya screamed out of fear.

Instantly, Finn acted as the captain and gave orders.

- Tiona, Tione, Bete and Gareth, jump and protect Lefiya. We will follow the normal path towards the 58th floor, we'll meet there, now, GO!!

Following the captain orders, Tiona, Tione, Bete and Gareth jumped in the hole towards the 58th floor while we kept running towards them. The next floors were like death mazes, we had to run all the time because of the attacks of the dragons and other monsters while Aiz and Finn opened the way killing all the monsters we found. And after and hour or so we arrived at the 58th floor.

It was full of dragons and the new species, the worm monster. In the middle of all those monsters, Tiona, Tione, Gareth and Bete were killing them, Lefiya was in the middle lying unconscious on the ground. Noticing this, Aiz rampaged towards them killing everything that stood in her way, while this was happening, Riveria had started chanting a spell, when Aiz reached them, she picked up Lefiya and everyone came back to where we stand, a few seconds after they reached us, Riveria finished chanting.

- Wynn Fimbulvetr!!!.

A blizzard froze every monster it encountered on its way and calm reached us when we saw that every monster was dead.

Riveria used healing magic on Lefiya who fell unconscious when she was falling through the hole, we entered a little hole in the wall towards a small room where we were resting a bit before going to floor 59th.

Lefiya woke up a few minutes after to get scolded by Riveria and Finn for not following their orders. After that, she kept looking at me with hatred in her eyes again. "It looks like I made the situation worse than before" I thought, but I was no time to think in that stuff because now we were discussing our next move.

- There is something suspicious about this. - Finn said.

- Why?. - Riveria replied.

- According to the Zeus Familia, the 59th floor and onward was known as the "Glacier Territory", with glacial lake streams, fierce cold, and ice covering the area. Why we don't feel any cold wind coming from anywhere.

- Time has passed so maybe it melted. - Gareth replied.

- That could also be, but maybe that is the reason why Aiz was told to come here.

- We'll wait and see.

- Now, Bell, give your bag to Lefiya, she will act as a supporter while you go to the rear with Tsubaki, Gareth, you are in the vanguard now.

- Now, this is the time to make history, you all have worked hard for this day to come, you have experience a lot of bad things that may had happened in your life, but today it is not that day, today is a day that will get written on the story books, a hundred years from now everyone will no the names of those adventurers who ventured into the unknown, of the adventurers that are stronger than anybody, they will talk about how tha Loki familia was the strongest in the whole history, so now, let's make that history happen, let's make Loki proud, let's become heroes!!

Finn Deimne, "Braver". Level 6.

Riveria Ljos Alf, "Nine Hell". Level 6

Gareth Landrock, "Elgarm". Level 6

Aiz Wallenstein, "Sword princess". Level 6

Tione Hiryute, "Jormungand". Level 5

Tiona Hiryute, "Amazon". Level 5

Bete Loga, "Vanagard". Level 5

Tsubaki Collbrande, "Cyclops". Level 5

Raul Nord, "High Novice". Level 4

Lefiya Viridis, "Thousand elf". Level 3

Bell Cranel, "Crimson rabbit". Level 4

This group of adventurers was about to make history.