CHAPTER 14

Edited- Aug 28, 2019
___________________________

Edited- Aug 28, 2019___________________________

"Dad?"

"Ciao hunny." ("Hi, hunny.")

"What are you doing here?"

"È così che rendi grande tuo padre quando lo vedi? Ho trascorso 9 ore in un aereo scomodo per venire a trovarti."
(" Is that how you great your father when you see him? I spent 9 hours in an uncomfortable airplane to come and see you.")

"Don't you have your own private plane?"

"Non importa, ora dai al tuo vecchio un saluto migliore con un abbraccio."
("That doesn't matter, now give your old man a better greeting with a hug.")

I opened my arms wide wrapping them around his shoulders, I had missed him so much.

You can say that I'm a daddy's girl but what also didn't help, was that he spoiled me rotten growing up.

I let go of him, " Come in dad I'm surprised you didn't use your key to let your self in."

He walked into my house taking his shoes off at the door.

We both walked towards my living room and sat down on my couch.

"La tua casa sembra sempre la stessa dall'ultima notte che sono stato qui, hunny, Oh e tua zia ti saluta e che le manchi molto." ("Your home still looks the same since the last night I was here hunny, Oh and your Aunt says hello and that she misses you very much.")

"I miss her too dad, but you don't need to keep on speaking Italian we are not in Italy I would rather you speak English."

"I'm a sorry, but I am so used to speaking Italian. My English is not so good."

"Don't worry, if you're not too sure on how to say a word in English then just say it in Italian."

My dad just nodded his head at me with a smile.

"I missed you," I said taking his hand into mine.

I felt bad leaving him in Italy when I came to Canada but I just needed to get away from the lifestyle I was living there.

I love my father dearly but I was not too Keen with the lifestyle that he leads and he tried his best to not get me involved in his work but for some odd reason it would always try to find me.

"How is the family back home? How is John- Lucka doing?"

John-Lucka was a very close cousin of mine, he was more like a brother than a cousin.

His mom was my Aunt Rosa who I was named after.

My aunt Rosa raised me after my mother had left, My father moved her and her son into our home to help raise me.

My uncle had passed many years ago, I think John-Lucka was around 4 years old when he had died.

My aunt never remarried and just put her whole life around my cousin and I.