CHAPTER 13

Edited- Aug 27, 2019

ROSIE POV:

We had just arrived at my home, Ace felt that we needed to go somewhere to talk and I thought that it would be a good idea as well.

Instead of going to a cliche coffee shop where others would be eavesdropping in our conversation, I thought it would be better for us to come to my place and have coffee there.

He didn't mind but I think it has something to do with him wanting to check out where I had lived.

Instead of bringing him in from the front door I took him around the house and came in from the back door where my kitchen was.

"Come on in just wipe your shoes I dont want mud on my floor I just had washed it before I went to court."

I could see Ace looking around my kitchen eyeing everything.

"I'll just take my shoes off." He said slipping them off one foot at a time.

"I'll make us some coffee if you would like you can look around while I am doing that."

Ace walked over to a few placing in the room, he looked at some family photos that I had on the wall and he even sniffed my flowers that I had on my kitchen table.

"You keep your place really clean, and I can see with all the flowers around in here that you're into them."

"Oh, I do live my flowers, they cheer me up when needed, and if you can tell with all these vases with flowers I needed a lot of cheering up these past few weeks."

I noticed he was staring at a photo of Mark and I.

"Who is this guy with his arm wrapped around your shoulder.?"

By the tone in his voice, he sounded jealous of Mark.

"He is one of my best friends I'm surprised you didn't recognize him, he was at our so-called wedding."

"Oh, well to be honest the only person in my view that night was only you so I hadn't noticed anyone else."

Aww, that was so sweet of him to say but then I had thought about how many other girls he must have used his lines on.

"You sound like a man who knows how to charm a lady but unfortunately those little tricks you have won't work on me."

Pouring some coffee into two cups and placing them now on the counter, I was not sure how Ace took his coffee so I just left the milk and sugar out for him to do it himself.

Sitting down on a chair at my table I look at him, "Come make your coffee the way you like so we can chat a little."

He had done what I asked him to do and so now we were just looking at one another.

It was quiet but not awkward.

"I'm happy with the outcome today." He said breaking the ice between us.