Chapter 56

My heavy eyes fluttered open from a deep sleep as I forced myself to wake up from my dream. I squeezed my eyes as they burned with pure exhaustion while I stretched out on my half of the bed.

I lazily rolled myself over to snuggle my body into the warmth of Austin's, but instead I rolled over the cold empty surface and hit my head on the night table near the bed.

"Fuuck." I groaned loudly as I rubbed my forehead in agony. I frowned at my clumsy demeanor, however I was not surprised in the slightest that this is how I would typically start off my day. I rolled my eyes as I flopped my head back onto the pillow and scowled at the shooting pain.

Austin came rushing into the room with Ava in his arms with a concerned look on his face. Within half a second, his expression turned into a smirk as he stifled his laugh while I held my head in my hands.

"Baby what happened?" He chuckled as he sat down on the bed next to me and used his free arm to pull me to an upright position.

"I fucking hit my head on the night table." I groaned while he slipped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his chest. 

The smirk on his face failed to fade as I scowled at his reaction.

"C'mon babe." He chuckled through his smile. "It's a little funny."

"Yeah yeah laugh at my expense." I shook my head as I looked up to meet his gaze.

My attention was quickly diverted to my sweet little girl who began cooing quietly while she pulled at my messy bedhead.

"Hi sweetheart, I'm sorry I didn't even give you morning kisses yet." I said as I took Ava from Austin's free arm and gave her a bunch of kisses on her cheek.

"Hey you didn't give me morning kisses either." Austin interrupted with a slight pout.

"Well you don't deserve them since you laughed at me." I teased as I poked his chest.

"Well I guess I'm just going to have to steal them." He replied before placing his hand on the back of my head and pulled my face towards his.

His soft pink lips melted perfectly into mine as I closed my eyes and savored each second. As I deepened the kiss, I felt his lips twist into a smirk against mine.

"What?" I smiled as I broke the kiss and cupped his face with my hand.

"Nothing. I just love that you can't resist me." Austin shrugged with a boyish look in his blue eyes.

"Apparently I can't." I smiled. "But I can say the same thing about you. You're pretty much wrapped around my finger." I joked.

"I am. And I wouldn't have it any other way." Austin mumbled, the smirk no longer lingering on his face.

He took my hand in his and placed a soft kiss on my finger. I smiled ear to ear in response to his sweet words.

"Now how about some coffee?"

My eyes widened and I nodded in excitement at the sound of caffeine. "Coffee sounds like everything right now." I dragged out my words as Austin hopped off the bed and extended his hand to help me down as I balanced Ava in my arm.

Austin led me to the kitchen as I bounced Ava at my hip and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Hi my big girl. Are you hungry?" I asked Ava as I absentmindedly followed Austin through the hallway.

"I fed her already. We've been up for a few hours." Austin answered.

"A few hours? How come you woke up so ear-?" I stopped mid sentence as the kitchen and living room came into my view.