Chapter 55

"Wake up babygirl, let's go to bed."

I heard a smooth low voice mumble into my ear as I struggled to open my heavy eyelids.

I groaned and sank further into the comfy couch as I felt strong arms wrap around me and attempt to pull me up.

"Noo." I whined as I reluctantly sat up, rubbed my eyes and finally opened them to reveal Austin's handsome face that was looking back at me, incredibly amused.

I must have fallen asleep on the couch after I put Ava down for the night and while I was waiting for him to come home from his Late Night interview

"Hi baby." I said in a sleepy voice as I reached up to hug him.

"Hey my grumpy girl." He chuckled as he peppered my cheek with soft kisses, earning a bunch of giggles from me.

"Not grumpy just tired." I muttered before I stretched exhaustedly.

"I came home to both of my girls fast asleep. I just took a peak at Ava and she's completely out." He chuckled at me while he opened his arms and gestured towards me.

I lazily climbed into his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Did you see the interview or did you sleep through it?" He questioned with raised eyebrows.

"Me and Ava watched it together. Well sort of. She slept through most of it but she saw the end. You were amazing!" I exclaimed with widened eyes as Austin's cheeks flushed a light pink.

"You think so?" He asked as I ran my fingers through his perfect curls.

"Yes you were so awesome babe. I can't believe you talked about me and Ava. I really wasn't expecting that at all."

Austin attempted to sit up straight while he tried to balance me on top of him.

"Shit I should have talked to you first. I'm sorry Amelia, I don't know it just came out." He said apologetically as he rubbed my sides.

"Austin, you don't have to apologize. It's okay. We've talked about it before and you know I don't have a problem with you coming out and confirming that we have a daughter. Sure it made me nervous when I was pregnant and even when she was born. But you being who you are, I knew there was no avoiding it. At the end of the day, we're apart of your life and we can't hide forever." I answered, cupping his face in my hands.

"It was actually extremely sweet, the way you talked about her. The way you talked about us." I went on to say as he smiled at me.

"I wish I could just keep you two in a bubble and protect you forever. But I know that's not possible. And eventually I'm going to get a million questions about Ava and she's my daughter, I would never deny her. I'm just so proud that I get to be her dad. I don't know, I guess I was just so excited to talk about her so I did." He chuckled.