Chapter 21

Days had past and I still I felt my entire body go senseless as I repeatedly heard Max's voice echoing loudly inside my head.

Austin has a new girlfriend.

I felt my breathing quicken as I tried to process each word.

I knew deep down, as much as I wanted to be upset, I couldn't be. I had absolutely no right. As much as it broke my heart in two, it wasn't my place to be upset.

You left him Amy, I tried to remind myself.

I couldn't expect him to still be hung up on some girl that couldn't handle the pressure of dating the rich and famous.

Besides, I should be happy that he found someone new. That's exactly what I wanted for him right? I basically told him he deserved someone that could give him more than I could. And apparently he had found her.

He had clearly moved on and gotten over me.

But here I was, about to ruin his life once again.

Any possibility of him reacting to my news in a positive way, was completely tossed out of the window.

And any hope of us salvaging our relationship was completely out of the question.

I mean what was I thinking? That just because I was pregnant, that me and Austin would just magically fix everything between us? That our broken past would cease to exist and he would forget that I destroyed us?

I think what hurt me the most was that he was completely oblivious. He continued to live his famous celebrity life, and find someone new that could fit inside it.

I was just something he forgot.

All the while, I was struggling to deal with the fact that I was pregnant with his child. And to top it all off I was still hopelessly battling with my feelings for him.

"Amy!"

My eyes shot up to Michelle who sat next to me in the nurses station.

"Are you okay? You seem kind of out of it?" She looked at me with concern filling her expression.

"Yeah I'm fine. The baby is just draining alot of my energy." I chuckled averting my eyes back to the computer screen.

"Maybe you should take the week off. You probably need to rest."

"No, no I'm okay. I'd rather not be cooped up in my apartment." I sighed.

"Have you heard from Austin yet?" Michelle said as she squeezed my hand.

"I'm pretty sure he blocked me." I dryly laughed.

"Woah wait a minute. What do you mean he blocked you?" Michelle asked with confusion.

"Well, I finally worked up the courage to call him the other day. And it went straight to voicemail. So that explains why he hasn't answered. He doesn't even know I've been texting him." I replied.

"Jesus Amy that sucks. I knew he couldn't just be ignoring you." She said as she frowned at me.

"Yeah I had a feeling something was wrong. But um do you remember Max?" "He's Austin's friend. And he was a patient here."

"Oh yeah the kid with the broken leg. I was his nurse a few times."

"Well I ran into him the other day and he kind of noticed that I was pregnant. And he figured out that its Austin's. He offered to tell him that I need to speak to him."

"Amy, that's great! This is what you've been waiting for!" Michelle exclaimed.

I forced a smile. "Yeah. So hopefully I hear from him soon."