Chapter 2

"Wow Ams when you do something, you really do it!" Michelle shouted towards me with wide eyes.

"I mean Post fucking Malone out of all fucking people! I know I told you to basically put yourself out there but damn why couldn't he have visited one of my patients? He's so cute" She groaned.

It had been a week of texting back and forth with Austin. He was out of town performing in a bunch of states but tonight he was coming back into town and asked me if I wanted to grab a drink.

I shot her a look. "Okay relax it's just a simple drink, nothing more and nothing less. Maybe you should go instead of me since you think he's so dreamy." I joked.

But like always, Michelle was right.

He was so attractive.

I didn't even know what it was that made him so appealing in his own way. I mean maybe it was the fact that he was covered in tattoos, or his unique style.

Or those blue eyes you could just drown in.

"Hello earth to Amy!"

I glanced up at Michelle, snapping out of my trance.

"I said what are you going to wear?"

"Oh uh probably just some dark jeans and a cute top I don't know."

"Absolutely not you have to wear a dress! If you could, you probably would wear your damn scrubs on this date"

"I don't have anything cute." I complained.

Michelle pulled a simple black dress out of my closet.

"Ooh this will look so hot c'mon you have to wear this" she squealed.

I'll text you when I get back home." I smiled at the dress and took it out of her hands.

Maybe I should step out of my comfort zone for once. Even if it's just for one night.

I straightened my long hair, applied my makeup and put on the dress. I looked and felt pretty good about myself.

It was so out of the ordinary for me to be going out with someone, let alone a famous artist.

My life was just plain. Go to work, come home, sleep and hang out with Michelle when we had the same days off.

But here I was, 25 years old and I hadn't been on a real date since college.

So I decided fuck it, I'm going to go on a date with Post Malone.

I mean what could go wrong?

*****

Austin: Hey gorgeous I just landed. I'll pick you up in about an hour if that's cool. What's your address?

Me: Sounds good to me. 375 Main St.

I was trying not to sound too eager.

But suddenly my heart was beating a thousand miles a minute and I felt nauseous.

Maybe I should just cancel. What was I thinking?

There was a reason why I haven't gone out with someone in so long. I was terrified of becoming involved with anyone.

Besides what would a guy like Austin want with a girl like me? It's not like we were going to end up going on a second date.