Chapter 58

"Ready to head home angel?" Austin asked me quietly as I rocked Ava gently in my arms while I laid back on my parents couch.

I looked up into his crystal blue eyes, smiled up at him and nodded.

"Yeah we should probably get going."

"Thank you for watching Ava." I said as I looked over to my mom and dad who were sitting beside me.

"Oh sweetheart anytime. She's an absolute doll, she barely even cries when she's here." My mom beamed.

"My granddaughter is alot quieter of a baby than you were Ams." My dad chuckled as he teased me.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at them as I began to tuck Ava into her car seat.

Once she was snug and all secured into place, we hugged both of my parents goodbye.

My dad held onto me a little longer than usual and as he let go, he smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.

"I love you honey." He said as he looked at me lovingly, his eyes slightly glistening.

"Aw dad I love you too." I answered as I smiled back at him.

I hugged my mom and made sure to grab my chocolate chip cookies as Austin carried Ava's carseat out of the door.

We made our way downstairs to the lobby and quickly managed to get into the backseat of the Bentley without being noticed by any bystanders or paparazzi.

I strapped in Ava's carseat next to me and leaned over to kiss her forehead as she sleepily smiled at me. 

Austin's hand instantly intertwined with mine as I sat back, giving it a tight squeeze as we sat through the quiet car ride back to our apartment.

He placed a soft kiss on my cheek, his breath tickling my ear as he inhaled my scent.

"I can't wait to get you home." He whispered.

*****

We took the elevator back up to the apartment and unlocked the door. All of the lights were turned off and it was eerily empty.

Austin carried Ava inside as I took a long look around the place. I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I looked at all our things packed up into labeled boxes.

"Amelia. What's wrong?" Austin asked with concern as he placed a hand on my lower back.

I turned around and faced him with a weak smile on my face.

"I'm just really going to miss it here. I can't wait to move to the new house. But this apartment holds so many special memories. We started our family here. We fell in love again here."

"Hey. We never fell out of love Amelia." Austin reminded me as he leaned his forehead against mine.

"I know you're going to miss it here. I will too. And we'll always remember this apartment. Just like we'll always remember your last one. But I promise to make new memories with you and Ava in our new home babe."

I nodded as I look up into his eyes which were filled with certainty and love.

"You always know the right thing to say." I smiled before I placed my lips onto his.

He winked at me as he broke the kiss. "Go get ready for bed babygirl."

I kissed him again and kissed Ava's cheek before I made my way to the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I looked in the mirror and smiled at my dolled up appearance before I started to remove all of my makeup and slip out of my extravagant dress.

I grabbed my pajama shorts and quickly put them on before I pulled on one of Austin's shirts.

Tell Me That It's All Okay / Post Malone On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara