Chapter 45

"She's the cutest baby I have ever seen in my life" Max said as he held Ava and bounced her in his arms.

I beamed looking at our sweet girl. "Thanks Max. I can't believe it took so long for you guys to meet her!" I looked around at Smitty and Adam who were crowded around Max holding the baby.

We were finally back home from Utah when Austin got a call that his two closest friends from tour were flying to New York to visit him. They were only visiting for a few days and Austin was getting ready to go out with them to a local bar for guys night, along with Max who lived not too far from us.

"She's beautiful Amy. And it's so great to see you again. It's been almost a year right? Since the Europe tour?" Adam turned to me as he took Ava from Max.

My heart quickly backflipped.

Has it really been that long since me and Austin broke up?

"Amy?" Adam waved, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah I think so. It's crazy to think it's been a year. It's so good to see you guys again."

"Yeah Amy she's adorable. I can't believe Austin is a whole dad. That's just insane." Smitty chuckled to himself. "Speaking of that fucker, when is he gonna be done getting ready?"

"If you're not out in 2 minutes, we're leaving without you!" He shouted.

Within seconds Austin emerged from the bathroom fully dressed and looking as attractive as ever.

"I'm ready asshole. Geez. You think I wake up this handsome?" He joked, as I rolled my eyes and smiled at his friendship with Smitty.

"You still look like shit. Come on let's go." Smitty snapped back with a smile. "Do you wanna come with us Amy? You guys have a nanny or something?" He turned to me.

"No she usually stays at my parents when we're both busy. But it's okay you guys go, I'm exhausted. Have a good time." I smiled up at him as he gave me my shoulder a small squeeze.

Austin reached over to take Ava from Adam.

"I'll see you later darling. Sweet dreams I love you." He cooed to her as she squealed, excited that he was holding her. He gave her nearly a million kisses as the guys said their goodbyes to me and waited by the front door.

Austin placed our daughter in my arms and looked down at me.

"You sure you don't wanna come? We can drop her off with your mom? She said would take Ava anytime we needed a break."

"I'm so tired from the flight. It's okay, I'll see you when you get home. Don't drink to much." I teased, knowing damn well he was going to anyway.

"No promises Amelia." He chuckled before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"By the way, Matt's gonna be staying with you until I get back. He's gonna be here soon." Austin said quietly.

"What? Austin! I can handle myself and our daughter." I groaned.

"Amelia I don't wanna hear it. I'm not taking any chances after what happened in Utah. I told you I was going to keep you guys safe so just let me. Please."

I sighed. I knew he was right and he was just trying his best to protect us, just like he promised.

"Okay. I'll see you later." I pouted.

"You don't have to wait up. Oh wait, you can't sleep without me so never mind." He winked.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes once again at him but couldn't help but smile at his adorable face.