Chapter 36

It had been a week since I'd seen Austin.

One whole week.

He was back to performing a few concerts throughout the country and was in the process of promoting his new music for the album he had just released.

He promised me that he wouldn't be gone for long periods at a time and he constantly facetimed with me to see Ava and check in with us throughout the week.

Though it wasn't the same as having him with us in person,  I reminded myself it was an adjustment I had to get used to.

But to say I missed him would be an understatement.

He's not yours to miss Amy, I quickly reminded myself as I finished up my long shower.

I was feeling much more relaxed after working a 15 hour shift the night before and a hot steamy shower was exactly what I needed. My maternity leave had sadly ended and I was back to working a regular schedule of three days a week.

I reached towards the handle and turned off the water just before I stepped out of the shower. I quickly dried off my body and slipped into black lace panties and a matching black bra. My hair was dripping wet onto the floor as I dried it off and wrapped it up with my towel.

I was running late to pick up Ava from my parents, where she had slept the night before. I lightly sprayed some perfume and applied deodorant before leaving to my room to pick out an outfit for the day before I had to rush out of the door.

Just as I walked out of the bathroom, and looked up to make my way to the bedroom, I was suddenly startled and let out a small scream at the unexpected surprise that was in front of me.

Austin was laying back comfortably on the couch with one leg crossed over the other, casually scrolling on his phone. As he heard my voice, his eyes shifted to my direction.

"Fuck Austin you scared the shit out of me! I didn't know you were coming back today." I exclaimed to him, while trying to catch my breath.

He held his breath as he looked up to me standing completely half naked in front of him

He held his breath as he looked up to me standing completely half naked in front of him. His eyes slowly gazed over my appearance before he spoke.

I pulled the towel off of my hair and fumbled nervously with it. I attempted to cover myself up with it, which left my wet deep brown hair to fall down my shoulders.

"Hey you." He smirked. "I'm sorry I tried to call to let you know I was back but you weren't picking up so I just let myself in." He said with an amused look on his face, refusing to look away from me, as he held up his key to my apartment.

"My phone is on the charger. How long have you been here?" I asked as I gripped tightly onto the towel.

"Long enough to hear your 45 minute Panic at the Disco shower concert." He rolled his eyes as he laughed at me. "Where's Ava?"