Chapter 41

"Don't you fucking dare Austin." I exclaimed with pure fear in my voice.

"C'mon Amelia. You're scared of a little water?" Austin teased as he gave me an evil look, while he held the sprayer from the faucet of the kitchen sink.

"If you spray me, I won't ever talk to you again." I threatened, slowly backing away as he snickered at me.

"That sounds like you'll be doing me a favor. You never shut up." Austin joked as I scowled at him, rolling my eyes.

Almost immediately I felt the cold stream of water hitting my skin and soaking my hair, face and down to my shirt.

I screamed loudly, trying to come back to my senses before I grabbed for the sprayer that Austin held loosely in his hands. I quickly turned it on him, completely drenching him to match my wet clothes.

We were both laughing so hard we could not seem to find a second to even breathe.

"Now we're even." I stuck my tongue out towards him as he dropped the sprayer and charged at me suddenly.

My eyes widened slightly before I instinctively bolted away from him. I ran towards the living room as he chased me. I was too busy giggling that I couldn't keep my pace up and eventually ended up caught in his arms.

"Noo Austin please let me go!" I begged for mercy.

"Nice try Amelia. But I'm never letting you go."

He grabbed onto me and threw both of us onto the sofa.

He hovered on top of me as I layed on my back, looking up at him as we both laughed nonstop at the top of our lungs.

After we finally caught our breaths and managed to calm down, Austin collapsed on top of me and pressed his forehead against mine with a smile still plastered on his face and his blue eyes twinkling down at me.

"What?" I questioned as I smiled back at him, wondering what he was thinking about.

"Nothing." He replied shaking his head at me.

"Tell me! What are you smiling about?" I insisted as I tugged on his t shirt.

"You're just beautiful Amelia. Really fucking beautiful."

The smile faded from my face as quickly as it formed. He never failed to make my heart flutter with his sweet words.

Before I even got the chance to respond, he kissed my forehead and got off of me.

"Why don't you pack for Utah, I'll put Ava down for the night."

He walked over to the playpen, picked up our little girl and carried her to the nursery.

He left me there laying completely frazzled and confused.

Why won't he freaking kiss me, I groaned silently to myself.

I dragged myself off of the couch and trudged my way to my bedroom.

I pulled out a suitcase large enough to fit enough clothes for the next few days. I filled it to the top and gathered all my toiletries. I lazily threw everything together and started to change my clothes for bed. It was near midnight and I knew we had to be up early for our flight.