One Hundred

Third person POV

Kayleigh was silent the whole ride, but her head was riddled with questions. The first one being how did Lexa die? She wasn't naive, knew commanders didn't live long, but she needed to know.

"I wanted to break the chains that held you."

Her body burned, turned into nothing but ashes, only her spirit remained inside the flame. Which led to the next series of questions.

Why did Clarke have the flame?

Kayleigh knew Titus well enough to know the flame keeper wouldn't have just handed it over. His duty was to flame and the commanders.

"Did he give it to her to put it in me?"

Kayleigh shook her head at the thought. She made it known while in Polis she wouldn't be apart of any conclave, she would never ascend, never be commander.

"Your fate was already written in the stars."

"Why do you have the flame, Clarke?"

And with those few simple words, even more tension flooded the cramped space.

"We couldn't let Ontari become commander."

"We.."

"Kayleigh-

"Don't you mean you?"

"If Ontari ascends, its the end of all of us. She will wipe out Arkadia, and she's looking for you."

"Answer the question Fleimkepa." Asher growls. "Who do you plan on putting on the throne in her place."

"Luna."

Asher scoffs, "You will have better luck finding another Natblida, than you do of Luna taking the flame."

"You know Luna?"

When Clarke's question goes unanswered, Kayleigh decides to question him herself.

"How do you know, she won't take the flame." Kayleigh asks Asher in trig all the while glaring at the back of Clarke's head.

"She ran from her conclave. Just as Kikheda did." Kayleighs eyes flickered from Clarke over to him. "Just like you, she has no desire to become commander.. It is why so few know where to find her."

"Do you?"

"No."

Octavia raised a brow as she listened to Asher speak, and found herself wondering if that was the truth or a lie? She didn't have long to think on it when the rover pulls to a stop in front of thr trading post, Niylah appears outside, sword in hand.

"I'll talk to her." Clarke says climbing out

"I'll come with you." Bellany says grabbing ahold of his gun exiting as well.

"Thought you said she was a friend." Tavia calls out looking at Niylahs sword.

"We'll handle it, just stay here" Clarke briskly calls out