Seventy-nine

Third Person POV

Abby and Kane stood side by side, together watching the sun slowly began to set.

''The sun is going down. Where's Lexa?''Abby said beginning to fidget.

''She'll be here soon.'' Kane reassures her. Not even a moment later they heard the guards talking in trig. ''Here we go.''

But it wasn't Lexa who came walking through the door, it was Clarke. Abby wasted no time in rushing towards her daughter to hug her. Clarke holds her mom back for a moment before pulling away.

''I have something to tell you, and we don't have much time.''

''Wait a minute.'' Abby pleads. ''Just let me look at you.'' She hadn't seen her daughter in months, was afraid if she let go, Clarke would disappear again.

''We'll have plenty of time to catch up, once we get back home.''Kane says noticing the sense of urgency in Clarke.

''The commanders changing the terms of the summit.'' Clarke blurts out quickly

''Is this because of Mt Weather?'' Kane questions.

''This is because of the Ice Nation. They want Lexa dead.'' Clarke replies looking at both her mother and Kane. ''They want to take over the coalition.''

''That's Lexa's concern not ours.'' Abby snipes

''No, Abby.'' Kane says looking truly worried as he looks down at her. ''If Lexa falls, the Coalition shatters, and there's no way we avoid that war.. It puts all of us in danger, Clarke and Kayleigh included.'' turning back to Clarke he says, ''You said there were new terms.''

''We become the 13th clan.''

''13th clan?''Abby looks at Clarke shocked. ''What does that mean, that we follow Lexa?''

''Yes.''

Abby shakes her head. ''We came here to negotiate a treaty.''

''This is our unity day, Mom. You can be the 13th station, or you can be the 13th Clan.''

''Marcus?''

''Clark's right. I've seen the Ice Nation army, and we don't stand a chance against them. We need them to do this.''

''So we become the 13th Clan. Then what? What's going to stop the Ice Nation?''

Clarke stared back at her mother, and said two words to her.

''Wanheda, and Kikheda. ''

******

Clarke subtly let out a breath she had been holding, when she walked into the throne room.

Candles and torches lot everywhere, a woman singing a song in Trig. Leaders from all the clans watching her. But it wasn't any of them that held her gaze captive.
Lexa stood in front her her throne, in a tight black dress, face clear of war paint, but still every bit of a Commander. Her gaze slid to the figure next to her.

A small frame completely hidden underneath a black floor length cloak, hood drawn completely covering the top half of it occupants face. Nor could she ignore the huge black mass behind her. Clarke could feel her heart sped up a bit. It didn't matter that she knew already who the two figures were. It was the energy around the duo that sends a chill down Clarkes spine, as she kneels down before Lexa.

Roan looks first to Wanheda, before returning his gaze back over to the small figure at Lexa's side. She was a second, that much he was sure of, but didn't understand the point of the theatrics in keeping her face hidden. Keeping his gaze in the figure Roan bows to his turn. Others follow suit, with The Skaikru bowing last to the Commander.