Fourty-one

Third Person POV

Kayleigh's smile slowly faded,the more she studied Finn.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered pulling Finn into another hug

"What? Why?" Finn asked with confusion as he pulled away.

Before she could say anything, Clarke came barreling towards them, Raven right behind her. They were leaving in the morning.
Raven had figured out Mt Weather was blocking the radio stations, they had also somehow responsible for the exodus ship crashing.
While Bellamy, and Clarke discussed an alternative plan, Kayleigh grabbed onto Octavia for support to get her back to the room. They were almost to the entrance when Raven stepped in front of them.

"Hey.. You doing alright?" She asked Kayleigh shoving her hands into her pockets.

Her hair pulled back in a long pony tail, a metal brace strapped to her leg, from her thigh to knee.

"What do you want Raven?" Octavia snarled keeping her eyes leveled on hers.

When Raven goes to speak, Kayleigh cuts her off. "You know what? I don't care. Stay the hell away from me."

"Kayleigh wait, I'm sorry I-"

"You're sorry?" Kayleigh said snarkly. "What are you sorry for Raven? Are you sorry that you hurt me, or are you sorry you couldn't hurt Finn like he hurt you?" Her thigh was throbbing and a cold chill raced down her back.

She could feel someone watching her, had felt it the moment she came outside. Putting her more on edge.

When she didn't speak, Kayleigh took that as answer enough, walking around her with Octavia by her side.

"You handled that better than I thought."

"I honestly just wanted to get out of there Tavia.."putting more of her weight on Octavia "someone's watching me." She said in a hushed voice.

Carefully Octavia looked around, eyes flickering over those that still wandered about, but didn't see anyone really paying attention to them.
By the time they got to the room, Octavia was now carrying most of Kayleighs weight. Kayleighs skin felt clammy, and her stomach turned, as she clenched an arm around it, hoping what little bit Octavia gave her to eat stayed down.

Closing the door behind them, Kayleigh stumbled the last few feet, dropping her weary body to the bed. Head bowed down, she began rubbing around the bandage of her thigh, trying to lessen the pain there.

"You know some are going to put up a fight about you coming with us." Octavia said breaking the silence between them, sitting down on the bed next to Kayleigh.

"I know" she said, rubbing the muscles in her thigh harder. "I'm not staying behind, Tavia." She said gritting her teeth against the wave of pain.

"I'll make sure you don't.. It feels weird being here doesn't it?" She asks as Kayleigh moves to lay down on her side.

Kayleigh says nothing at first, just nods her head, as she stares at the wall, her back facing Octavia.

Her mind was in a whirlwind.
Even behind the closed door she couldn't get rid of the feeling of being watched.

Kayleigh was restless as she slept that night. Her mind couldn't seem to shut off, and before she knew it, they were dressed for the day, waiting for the gate to be opened. Kayleigh stood to the side as Abby and a hand full of guards came to walk in front. That was fine with her, she wanted to stay away from them as much as possible.