Fifty-seven

Third Person POV

"Carl Emerson, Mount Weather security detail."

That was Emerson's reply to every question Kane had asked him, which frustrated Marcus even more.

"He's not going to say anything." Clarke says defeatedly.

"He doesn't have to." Abby says looking at the test results in front of her. "His blood did." Looking up at Kane and Clarke she quickly explains. "Jackson found genetic marker anomalies that can only come from someone who was born on the Ark."

"It's started." Clarke looks absolutly defeated at the news.

"It didn't come from the blood transfusion that we gave him?" Kane questions

"No. I took the sample before that"

"They're bleeding my friends."

"We don't know that." Kane tries to reasure Clarke, but they already know its the truth.

"Yes, we do. We were genetically engineered. They weren't." She takes a step forward towards the air lock

"What are you doing?" Kane steps in her way preventing her from getting any closer.

"Killing him. Get out of my way, Kane."

"Calm down."

"Clarke... " Abby snapped when Clarke refused to listen. "You are not in charge here. We do things my way."

"If we keep doing things your way, alot more people will die."

**Mt Weather**

"There are three hundred and eighty-two people inside this mountain. If any of them realize you're not one of us, you're dead." Maya explains to Bellamy. "We're on level two. The dorm is on five. There's a camera in the upper right-hand corner. Keep your head down."

He did as she instructed, breathing out a sigh of relief when they made it to the elevator with no problems.

The doors the elevator were just starting to close when a young man ran up to the door.

"Hold the elevator!" He cried

To not do so would raise suspicions. Bellamy moved to the corner while Maya held the door open.

"Hey, Maya." The man said and ahe simply nodded and smiled. "You know, I missed you in my expressionists class."

"Yeah. I-- I had some work to do."

"Ah. I'll get you the notes." Thr boy says with a friendly smile. But that smilw drops when his eyes land on Bellamys arm. "Hey, you're bleeding. You okay?" He asks pulling a handkerchief out of his back pocket.

"You were exposed." Maya says, thinking quickly, she snatched the cloth from the boys hand holding it tightly to Bellamys arm. "We need to retrace your steps and find the breach. You better go." She says looling to the boy then to the open elevator doors.

"What about you?"

"This is my job. I'll be fine." Maya reasures him as he steps out of the elevator doors