Eighty-five

Kayleigh POV

I didn't know of I was awake or still dreaming..

A sense of dejavu ripples in, and for the smallest moment, I'm back in the Mountain.
A coil of fear had gripped me so incredibly tight.
The light shinning above me was too bright, a beeping sound seemed to ring louder, and faster in sync with the beating of my own heart. My fingers twitch, and I can feel the slight sting of a needle in my hand. Taking a steadying breath I look down, expecting to see that in in restraints, and could've cried when I saw that I wasn't. The fingerprints that were on my wrist last night were no longer there either.

The dream last night pushed me over the edge, that's all. I couldn't leave camp, I was seeing things that werent there. It was just a nightmare.

"If that was just a bad dream then why isn't Bellamy here?"

No.. I wasn't paying attention as I start pulling the patches off my chest, the machines whine and make other noises after I pull the ones away from my stomach. I'm not even flinching at the sting of pain as I rip the needles from my hand. Only thing I could register was not only Bell not here, but either was Asher.

He never came back?

No this wasn't right. Asher wouldn't just leave, and not come back.. He wouldn't leave me behind.

"You didn't think Bellamy would give guns to Pike either."

No that didn't happen that wasn't real. I tell myself. It couldn't have.

Maybe I was still dreaming and I just didn't know it. It would explain how I was already outside, and I didn't even remember moving. A crowd was gathered around, people were cheering? I step away from the shadows and into the light, not believing what I was seeing. No matter how many times I blinked the scene stayed the same.

I must've made a sound because the next thing I know I have four sets of eyes on me.

"Kayleigh, come on hunny you don't need to me out here for this."

I don't even feel the pressure of Abbys hand on my arm as she try to turn me around.

"Bell?"

I didn't think he would be able to hear me over the sound of Pikes voice or the cheering of the crowd but he did.

I couldn't move as he stalked his way towards me. The red stains splattered against his clothing and skin. His eyes were dark and focused, a hunter on the move, and I was his prey.

He promised he'd never hurt me. Loved me even with all the scars. I told him I loved him..

"Loving someone gives them the power to destroy you."

"No.. No..no,no." His face was becoming nothing more than a blur as they filled with tears, and I could feel my legs grow weak.

    Third Person POV

Marcus saw the horrified look on Kayleighs face, noticed her legs begin to buckle, and quickly wrapped an arm around her, blocking her view of Bellamy.

"Don't look, Kayleigh." he tells her, knowing this was only causing her more stress. "Let's take you back to medical." Losing sight of Bellamy however just made it some much worse.