Twenty-six

Third Person POV

After leaving the dropship Clarke enters Raven's tent to see she's still trying to fix the radio.

"Oh. Sorry."Clarke said looking to Raven. "I didn't know anyone was in here."

"You okay?" She asked still tinkering with the radio

"Yeah."

"Still nothing from the Ark. It's like they shut it down from their side. It could be solar flares blocking the signal."

"But you don't think so."

Raven shook her head looking up to Clarke."I got a bad feeling."

"There's a lot of that going around." Clarke replied with a frustrated sigh

"Clarke, wait. I'm sorry about your mom." Raven says standing up coming around to stand in front of Clarke.

It was then she notices Clarke is crying blood "Oh, my God, Clarke, your eyes."

"Clarke! Where's Clarke?!" They hear someone yells from outside, then coughing "Clarke."

Stumbling out of the tent Raven behind her, Clarke sees Conner bent over, blood running down his face coughing.

"Conner" Clarke says reaching to him.

"It won't stop." He continues to cough.

"Clarke! What's happening?" Raven questions

More coughing now coming from Derek

"Raven, get away from us." Clarke orders

"What?"

"They're the ones who brought Murphy in" she says as she helps the two boys back into the dropship.

Upon entering she see Kayleigh perched up against the wall, black tears streaming down her pale face, Murphy on the ground near her coughing and vomitting blood.

"Murphy, hey, look at me." Clarke says gently kneeling down in feont of his as he tries to catch his breath. "I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped from the Grounders. What happened?"

"I don't know. I woke up, and they forgot to lock my cage. There was no one there, so I took off."

"They let him go." Kayleigh grunted out before bracing her hands on her knees as she was  racked with a couching fit.

Hearing someone enter Clarke turns to see Bellamy enter.

Standing up arms stretched out she calls to him "Bellamy, stay back."

"Did he do something to either of you?" He asks looking to Clarke then Kayleighs bent over form. "What the hell is this?" He demands

"Biological warfare. You were waiting for the Grounders to retaliate for the bridge? This is it. Murphy is the weapon."

"Is this your revenge, helping the Grounders kill us?" Bellamy says stepping closer to Murphy

"Bell.. Don't." Kayleigh says looking up trying to catch her breath.

It was then that Bellamy noticed the black tear stains on her face, black liquid at the corner of her mouth.

"Murphy, think, all right?" Clarke says looking to him "What can you tell us that's useful? Did you hear anything?" She pleaded with him.

"They are vicious, cruel." He says as a tremor racks his body

"You want to see vicious?" Bellamy snarls