Seventeen

Third Person POV

After leaving Kayleigh with Bellamy, Octavia went back to the dropship to see how Monty was doing with the communication system he'd been working on.

She honestly didn't care much about the Ark coming down, not after what they had done to her and to Kayleigh, but understood many had families up there, innocent people. Walking in she could see Finn and Clarke gathered around Montys work area, with Jasper sitting beside Monty.
Jasper noticed her first giving her a small smile in which she returned.

"How is she?" He asked pulling everyones attention to her

"She'll be okay.. She's a lot stronger than she thinks."

"She shouldn't have to be." Finn muttered close by

"Octavia," Clarke started, "I'm sorry that I pushed her its just that-"

"You wanted to help. But I'm not the one you need to be apologizing to." Octavia quickly dismissed.

"Will we be able to talk to them?" Jasper asked looking over to Monty

"No. More like morse code. You want to do the honors?? That port right there." Monty replied pointing to the port the wire needed to be connected to.

With a smile on his face Jasper plugged it in, only to have a few sparks shoot out of it. Finn let out a grunt as his wrist band shocked him, then it seemed to unclasp by itself before falling to the floor.

"What the hell?" Octavia asked taking a step closer

"It didn't work." Monty replied, the smile he once held fell from his face. "I think we fried all the wristbands."

Finn stormed out of the dropship with Clark right behind him.
Jasper feeling guilty about messing up the only way they had to communicate with the Ark, slid down the wall a few feet away from Monty a solemn look on his face. Octavia noticing his distress walks over and sits down next to him.

"Sit there at your own risk. I think I might be cursed." he said looking down at his hands

"Then call me a risk taker. And Jasper, you're not cursed."

"I'm unlucky then"

"No." She said shaking her head. "Brave."

"Brave?" He asked looking shocked "For getting my face bashed in or for ruining any chance to contact The Ark?"

"No, for standing up to a bully and trying to help everyone." She argued

"Yeah. And failing. Both times."

"I didn't see anyone else step up. Did you? And I don't care how things turned out. You were brave to try. And bravery is always rewarded." and with that she leaned over placing a soft kiss to his lips before getting up and leaving. Completely ignoring the looks on both boys faces.

                    Bellamy POV

I was starting to drift asleep when I heard a commotion going on outside.

"Check it out" someone called out.

"Bellamy, get out here." I heard Jones call out

Carefully as to not to wake up Kayleigh, I gently moved her so her head was now resting on the pillow. Forgoing the shirt, I exited the tent.

"There." Jones said point at something in the sky

Turning to look I see it's a small space pod hurtling down towards the ground.