Fourty-three

Third Person POV
                   ***Mt Weather****

"I'm tired of puking." Harper said groaning as she sat down.

"I'm tired of being a human pincushion." Miller replied.

Jasper looks around in dismay, shaking his head. "Okay...I know this sucks, but as long as it seems like we're cooperating, we're buying ourselves time."

"Time for what?" Miller asks in disbelief. "I say if we're going to die in here, we might as well die trying to escape."

"We've been over this. After Clarke and Kayleigh left, there is no escape." Jasper looks around thinking. "We just have to...hold on long enough for them to find a way to get us out."

"What if they don't find a way?" Monty asks, then winced at Jasper's reproaching expression.

"What if they didn't make it out? What if this...this story they're telling us is to hide the fact that they killed her. What if Kayleigh's still here? You heard what Maya said, they were heavily drugging her... Then, no one's coming for us, and we're doing exactly what they want us to do..."

The words tasted bitter in his mouth, but they had to come to terms with the possibility of it. Jaspers face darkened considerably.

"Jasper. You know you've thought it too."

"Alright, then. We escape -" Harper starts, but stops speaking at the shake of Jaspers head.

"No..We find the truth."

"How do we do that?" Monty questions

"We're criminals, right?" Jasper asks looking from Monty, Harper, and Miller. "So let's be criminals."

                 Kayleigh POV

Nine hundred and sixty.

That's how many breaths Lincoln took, how many times his chest moved since Clarke and Finn left.

The only sounds coming from the dropship were his groans of pain, as his body twitched, and lightly strained against his bonds.

But my head was ringing with so many others.

The knot in my stomach seemed to get tighter and tighter as more time passed. Bellamy was alternating between watching Nyko, and gently running his hand up and down my back. He shouldn't be comforting me. I wouldn't comfort me.

"Kayleigh."

Jerking my eyes from Lincoln, I see Tavia coming to a stop in front of me.

"Come on." I look at her confusingly as I grab onto her outstretched hand, letting her help me stand up.

She doesn't let go even after I have my balance just leads me towards the steps to go outside.

"O," Bellamy says as he moves to stand.

"We're just going to stand outside for a minute. I need it, and she needs it to." Tavia says to Bell without even breaking our stride.