Thirty-four

Kayleigh POV

"This belongs to you." I hear, and I swear I can feel him standing in front of me, feel his heart beating beneath my finger tips, the warmth of his skin.

With my eyes closed, I could almost fool myself that this is real.

But then the door opens,the sounds of heels echoing on the hard floor, and it all disappears.

The warm feeling is gone replaced with the cold,empty void. I'm no longer strapped to the table, no longer deemed a threat.

Half the time I can't even form a coherent thought, and the other half, I'm drowning with them. I don't know how long I've been here. It could've been hours, days, weeks. There's no sense of time anymore. I'm alone in this place.

Well, no that's not true.

Dr Tsing is a constant visitor.
I've lost track of how many times she comes in here,drawing blood from one arm, and once she's done, she injects something into the other one. I don't bother moving, there's no escape here,and even if there was, I'd never make it out of here. Dr Tsing makes sure of it, every time she puts that's stuff into my system.

If she would stop giving it to me then maybe I could. I keep my eyes trained onto the white floor.

I used to hate the color grey, the color I lived my entire life seeing, and now I'm in a cell of a different kind.
She checks me over taking notes as she goes, she talks but I honestly don't know what she's saying, and I can't bring myself to care. She's just finishing up when I hear the door open again, and its not long before I see the tips of black shiny shoes.

Cage.

Who hapapens to be the son of Dante.

"Have you made much progress?" I hear him say.

Any time he comes around I try my best to follow their conversations. I hate him more than I do Tsing, and everytime he touches me I have to fight the urge to not throw up.

"It's going well, I believe we'll be making more head way very soon."

"Good, that's very good." He says and I can feel his eyes on me. "I have some news for you Kayleigh, you've been cleared to go back to the dorms with the other who were brought in with you." He reaches out stroking the side of my face, before tilting my head up to look at him. I keep my eyes focused down. "But don't worry, we've arranged it so you'll still be getting your treatments." I jerk away from him amd he chuckles. "When you're done here have her escorted to the showers and then to the dorms."

"Of course... Should I mention the test results to your father?"

"No not yet. When you make more of a breakthrough, I'll take it up with him. Until then.."

"I'll keep you informed."

He leaves them and I can breath a little easier. Tsing come over, no doubt with another syringe when a blaring alarm goes off.

"What in the world."

"Dr. Tsing to medical. Dr. Tsing to medical." A voice over the speaker says.