Fouty-five

Third Person POV

"Kayleigh?" John said as he lowered the gun down. "What are you doing out here? Bellamy said-"

Before he could finish, Kayleigh had pushed herself off the tree, and threw a hard punch to his face, splitting her knuckles open.
His mouth filled with blood as his lip split. Spitting out the blood from his mouth, he looked at Kayleigh.

"Yeah, I deserved that." Using the sleeve to his jacket he wiped his mouth off.

"You asshole!" Kayleigh cries shoving him back by his chest.

"Kayleigh, I'm sorry-"

"No!" She yells pushing him once again. "Tell me why! I was your friend! I told you I would help you, and you kept going anyways! Damnit John why!"

"Because I wanted him to feel everything I felt! I wanted him to hurt, hell I wanted him to die!" He looks at her with remorse in his eyes. "I wasn't thinking past that.. Kayleigh I never ment for you to be involved, I never ment for you to get hurt."

Shaking her head she brushes past him, slowly at first before breaking out into a run. She didn't have time for this, she needed to get to the drop ship.

"Hey! Hold up!" John yelled out but she didn't stop.

Picking up speed it didn't take him long before he was running along side of her.

"So I take it they didn't know you were coming." John says after a few minutes of silence. Unsurprisingly Kayleigh doesn't answer.

When the duo finally got to the dropship, everything was quiet in the woods surrounding them. When Kayleigh went to walk in first, John quickly grabbed her shoulder pulling her back.

"Just in case I should go first." He said going in front of her.

Kayleigh rolled her eyes but didn't care to comment. She walked behind him on to slam into his back, while Bellamy pointed a gun at both of them, Raven at his side.

"Ooh, hey, hey, hey." John says spreading his arms put in front of Kayleigh

"Murphy." He says lowering the gun and then his eyes pinned on Kayleighs. "Kayleigh. What are you two doing here?"

"I believe I was invited." John said looking pointedly at Raven.

"I thought we could use an extra gun." She says with a shrug walking around John and Kayleigh looking out the entrance.

"Might be a good idea." Bellamy mumbles before turning his full attention on Kayleigh. "Didn't answer me, sweetheart."

"Did you really think that I was going to stay behind?"

"No, but I was hoping you would." Fury built up inside Kayleigh with a force her hands were shaking.

"I'm fine Bellamy."

"Your leg is barely healed, Abby said if the blow to your stomach was any harder we could've ruptured something. You're far from fine. How did you even make it here?"

"Tavia gave me something to help with the pain." His eyes visabily darkened. "What did you expect me to do?" Kayleigh says harshly running a hand through her hair. "Abandon him? Bellamy he's in this mess because of me!"

"No he's not."

"He is. He lost a piece of himself because of me."