Twenty-One

Third Person POV

Kayleigh watched as Bellamy disappeared from sight along with Clarke, arms wrapped around herself.

She blushed furiously as she walked past Jasper and Monty who were teasing her rentlessly about the kiss they just witnessed, to which she picked up a few nuts that weren't yet packaged and tossed one at each of them.

She saw Miller walk out of the dropship to the communication tent and decided now would be the best time to check on the grounder, without an audience.
By the time she made it up to the third level, Octavia was already up there giving him some water.

They both tensed at first when they heard someone approaching but relaxed when they saw it was her.

"Looks like we both had the same idea." Kayleigh said as she took a clean rag dumping it into a bucket of water, handing it over to Octavia to clean him up with.

"My brother has been keeping me away. He's a total dick, which you probably already know." She said causing both the grounder and Kayleigh to laugh. "You do understand me. I knew it"

"Of course he does Tavia.. Did you really think he couldn't?" Kayleigh said rocking back on her heels. "Think about it, they brought him here, beat him tortured him. If you were him would you want us to know you knew exactly what were we were saying? If they knew.." She drifted off when she saw Octavias eyes lighten up with understanding.

Releasing a sigh Octavia turned her attention back to the man in front of her, gently wiping away blood and marveling at his tattoos.

"This is all my fault because I freaked out so bad when you locked me up in that cave. You'd totally understand why if you knew how I grew up."

It was quiet for a moment before he looked up at the two females first to Kayleigh, then to Octavia.

"My name is Lincoln" his voice raspy from non use.

"Lincoln. I'm Octavia, and this is Kayleigh" she said as Kayleigh came closer. When he didnt reply she asked, "Well, is that it? Is that all you're gonna say?"

"It's not safe for us to talk."

"Well, if we shouldn't talk, then why did you tell us your name?" Octavia questioned

"I want you to remember me after I'm dead."

Drawing in a sharp breath, "You're not gonna die. Don't say that"

"Octavia, this only ends one way."

"Just talk to them. Tell them you're not the enemy."

He looked away sadly, "I am."

"No." Kayleigh said coming down to kneel in front of him, gently turning his face to look at her. "You're not our enemy" she said indicating to herself and Octavia. "You didn't deserve this.. We'll figure out a way to get you out, I promise."

He looks from Kayleigh to Octavia, but before he could say anything Miller stormed up with ladder extremely pissed off.

"Octavia, Kayleigh, get the hell out now. Bellamy is not even here. Get out, or he gets the beating I've been aching to give him."

"Okay, okay. I get it. I'm gone."

Octavia said moving away from the grounder to the ladder, stopping to wait for Kayleigh.

Kayleigh stayed where she was for a moment looking at Lincoln before standing up. All emotion was gone from her face as she approached Miller, who stood there with his arms across his chest. As soon as she was in front of him, she quickly grabbed ahold of him slamming him against the wall, knife held to his throat.