Seventy-six

Third Person POV

Kayleigh didn't take the time to study or admire the beauty of the rooms Lexas guards escorted her to. She stood lost in thought as Asher searched the room.
It wasn't that he didn't trust Lexa, she wouldn't harm Kayleigh, but there were others out there who would be willing to try to make a name for themselves, and what better way to do so than to make a move against jusripa.
Asher didn't like the way Titus had questioned Kayleigh, nor did he care for the look in the flame keepers eyes.

''Titus,'' Kayleigh says pausing in bitting the skin on the side of her thumb. ''is he someone I should worry about?''

''Em's the head flamekeeper. Serves as an advisor kom the heda.'' He grunts out as Kayleigh sits on the soft bed.

''That's not the answer I was looking for. ''

''Em believes yu laik the won." He says ignoring the look Kayleigh throw his way. "Yu need kom rest." He says pulling some type of clothing from a drawer. "Change, en sleep. Ai'll keep watch."

"You need rest too, you know." Kayleigh says removing her blade and knife shealths, placing them on a table next to the bed.

"Not as much as you do now."

"Don't." Kayleigh says as she pulled off her shirt, quickly pulling on the nightdress, then removing her boots and pants.

When she straightened, she looked down with a frown. Her bump was more noticable in this soft clingy material.

Kayleigh POV

"There it is." I think to myself as I peer down, my hands clenching into fists at my sides to prevent myself from touching my own stomach.

It didn't matter what Abby said, didn't matter when I could hear his voice ringing in my ears that I would always belong to him.
Doubt clouded my thoughts, and I just wanted to pretend this wasn't apart of my new reality. Didn't want to except this.

"You won't be able to hide that for much longer."

"What would Bellamy stay if he could see you now?"

"Natbilia."

I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. When I open them again I see Asher staring at me inquisitivly.

"I'm fine."

"No...you're not Kayleigh girl."

"You're right," I say moving back over to the bed. "I just need to rest for a while.."

When I lay down on the bed, I purposely move myself so my back is facing him. He knows I'm not being honest, but I'm not ready to talk.

Everything about today, was too much. The fight with Bell, walking away from him, the baby, Lexa, all of it was just too much to take in. Too much to process.
I feel the bed dip next to me, and then feel rough calloused fingers running through my hair, with the faintest pressure on my scalp. Slowly I feel the tension leave me, muscles loosened and its not long before my eyes grow heavy.

Maybe I've exhausted myself to the point where I won't dream this time..

Third Person POV

It was early afternoon and Kayleigh had her head hanging inside of a bucket, Asher guarding the door. Abby said the sickness would start to wane, but right now it felt as if her body was trying to expel her insides.

Lexa could hear Kayleigh from outside of her chambers. Asher glared down at Lexa for a moment or two, before allowing her to pass through.
And that's how Lexa found her, with tears streaming down her face. She grabs a rag, dips it into a bowl of clean water, just as Kayleigh shoved the bucket away in disgust. She gently wipes Kayleighs face, before taking her by her hands and leading her back to the bed. After she making sure she was settled, Lexa picked up the putrid bucket, carrying it out the door.