Chapter 37

Phoebe Point of View

"You have a beautiful house, Mrs. Russo." The most esteemed guest announced with a smile. Mrs. Clara gave the brightest smile that I ever saw, to the new young girl.

Serena... Wow, her name sounds so good. And so does her!

She looked like one of those humble and beautiful royal; She has well groomed soft hair past shoulder while her dress reached her knees. She has this really attractive forever smile on her lips that led Nicco to smile at her easily which irritated me to no end. Heck, even the way she speak is so pretty.

It has been just twenty minutes since her arrival and she got all the members of the house wrapped around her finger.

"And you made it more beautiful. Oh, look at you, you look so gorgeous!" Mrs. Clara exclaimed in a high pitched voice holding the young lady's hand in hers and rubbed them with her wrinkled thumb affectionately.

There is no doubt that both the grandmother and grandson are bewitched by the young guest.

Serena chuckled lightly at the compliment and thanked her in a low mumble. "My Nonna has so many stories to tell me about your adventures with her. It was almost as if I know you from a long time even though it is my first time meeting you personally. Mrs. Russo." The young guest mumbled politely with amusement playing on her face.

"Who is Mrs. Russo here? Call me Nonna, amore." Mrs. Clara scolded her playfully and hugged her pulling Nicco too into the hug making Nicco hug Serena from back.

My hands were itching to get there and pulling him away from her but looking at how happy he looked, my hands itched more to actually slap him.

If he was going to be this way, then why should he marry me and give me hope?

I thought, slowly but gradually, we might have a common ground in the new relationship but it is confusing to me when I see Nicco genuinely happy at these matchmaking efforts.

"Of course, Nonna." Serena smiled back at both of them. In the moment of fury, I threw a nasty glare at Nicco which he saw, but effortlessly ignore and gave all his attention to the young guest.

"I heard you refused to work for your father in family business?" Nicco asked attentively putting on a sly smile, probably directed to me.

I was so annoyed by him that I walked into the kitchen to look for Mrs. Jones and help her with setting the table. Seriously, if I stay one more moment there, I would smack Nicco or myself for his actions.

Putting the food into various bowls, I can still hear what they are talking. It was as if their voices rose than before.

"That's true, Nick." Nick? It is your first time meeting him and you are right away on nickname? "I wanted to try something of my own. I like reading fiction a lot, almost obsessed with them. My dream is to open an opportunity to get the new aspiring talents published." Serena said and the excitement in her voice is so clear.

I froze when her repeated in my mind over and over. Dream! Dream is one word which makes a person complete in real sense.

Dream... I use to have a dream too, a goal – to have a degree in communications stream and work for some good IT companies. I used to love gadgets at one point of time in the past.

Young and active, at the prime time of my teenage, I used to have a zeal to do everything I can and wanted to experiment myself in many things. I was simply too curious of myself and always tried to learn more about self.

Heck, I was obsessed with education.

I wanted to study and study until my brain was filled with data completely; that was how much I loved studies.