Chapter 30

Niccolo Point of View

"Why –" I gasped for breathe as it was getting hard for me to take a good amount of air into my system. "- Why do you want me to come home so much, Nonna." I snapped when I heard her curse at me from the other side of the phone.

"I'm hap-py here and waiting for my Bella. She will not be able to stay without me for many days. She will come for me." I continued looking at the main door for the nth time.

Bella knows the password to my penthouse then what is taking her so long?

Doesn't she miss me like I miss her?

How could've she thought that running away from me was the best decision for both of us?

All these sane thoughts only stuck me when nonna came to meet me a few days ago and beaten me up with a long stick until the influence of alcohol left my body and I was ready to look at things clearly with my own eyes.

She is a very kind lady, no doubt, but hell she can be very harsh too. After giving me the beating, it took a whole night to recuperate after taking so many medicines and salves she provided me. By the next day I woke up, I was not very surprised to find her replace my bar with fruit punches and juices that would help me.

The moment I walked down after a long shower she ordered me to take, the first thing she did after seeing me was to slap me hard.

'I thought I raised you to be a man, didn't know you instead turned into a teenage boy who cannot control his emotions. What the heck were you thinking when you mindlessly started drinking?' And then she slapped me again in angry and I did not do anything to stop her.

I understand her. I do understand her feelings and the emotions she was fighting that moment.

'Nonn – Nonna, I – Phoebe, my Bella, she went away. You know what she left me the letter nonna; that she was going far away from me because she wanted me to get married to a good girl and have children." I shameless cried in nonna's lap forgetting who I was. "How can she think like that? She loves me so much, I confirm it but nonna, isn't it killing me slowly by going away? Why can't she stay with me?'

I don't know why I had cried and let out all the pain to nonna but after a very long time, I felt good by doing so. She was the only family other than my brother and she was always there for me. She was surely tough on me because the atrocities my father did were enough to leave a trauma and she made sure to raise me tough enough to handle them.

'Are you crying here because you lost a girl? You forgot about me, your brother, our company most importantly, you health and sitting here drinking and bawling out because a girl left you? What if you would never be able to see her, would you still continue to act this way? Is this why I loved you and raised you, So one day you can while away all your life mourning over someone who left you? Is this how you life has come to? Don't I or your brother mean anything to you?'

'You both are my world, nonna. But Bella is a part of it too. She was the only person apart from you both who looked with genuine love and who always hugged when I needed it. I- I'm sorry I was selfish. I will be back to my responsibilities very soon but nonna, what about my heart? It's bleeding. Every times I was in my mind, it taunts me for ripping its life away from it. I want – no, I need her, Nonna.' I cried snuggling into her hands while she caressed me softly.

'Then find her. I will give you ten days time, find her. Leave all the office work to me, find her and bring her and if you are unable to find her, then you will be coming home with me and will be staying with me till the time you get your senses back.'