Chapter 14

Flashback Continues...

Phoebe Point of View

Hmm, why is my head feeling so light?

Woah, I feel well rested and well spent all thanks to Nicco. I thought he would leave me after making love once but I didn't know he is an insatiable monster.

Heavens, I wonder where he get such energy from.

"You are smiling again?" I heard his hoarse just-woke-up voice which did things in my stomach. It has been two days and we are still in bed and credit goes to Nicco who is teaching me love making skills and positions so skillfully that even a novice like me understood the depth of seduction.

Two days... Oh God!

I don't know how he managed to feed me in the bed when he did not even leave me and I did not even see any servants in his penthouse.

"You are awake." I stated moving out of his arms to flex my muscles. My body is so stiff from all the tumbling, not to forget how twisted I had to curve my body every time he was trying something new with me.

"I was hit by bright light suddenly which woke me up. I thought it was mid day sun but realized that it came from someone in my arms who smiled widely." I raised my eyebrows up and down at his impressive dialogue.

Oh, so he is now practicing flirting with me. Not bad. I almost, almost smiled at his pick up line but controlled myself.

"Well, your pick up lines won't work on me. I'm still angry at you so it's better you don't tick my fury." I answered a little arrogantly, hiding my smile. I did not forgive him for stranding me all those months. I suffered a lot because of him and I agree he suffered too but I am not going to forgive him that easily.

What worse is, he doesn't even tell me the reason for what he did. One thing is clear, he did not avoid me for what foolish act I did and when I asked him the reason, he ignored me and indulged me with bed activities.

Such a sly man!

I looked over to him again and stood up from bed feeling very weak in the lower part of my body. My legs shook a little and there was a stinging ache in my lover stomach.

Oh my, I'm so sore!

"Bella" He sighed and opened his arms for me. "Come here." He ordered, expecting me to come to him as ordered. I shook my head in defiance and continued to walk over to the closet to dress myself in some simple shirt.

Once I'm back in a shirt, Nicco gazed up at me and called me to him again but this time, I went him not able to ignore his serious look.

When I was safely wrapped in his arms, he kissed my forehead and sighed long. "I was ten years only when my mother died in an accident, I was so heartbroken. I was looking for my father to lend his shoulder to cry but I found him nowhere. My mother's dead body was on hospital bed and I was alone with her, didn't know what to do." He looked so sad and his voice thinned in emotion. His arms tightened their hold me which I didn't mind.

"Where was your father, then?" I asked cautiously as I observed hardness in his tone whenever he mentioned his father.

"With one of his mistress. He was not a very great guy even while growing up. When my grandpa had a heart stroke for the first time, he immediately called for our family lawyer to make a will before something happened to him. Since my uncle was the eldest son, grandpa made him the next chairman leaving my father under my uncle's care." He continued having a lost look on his face.

It seemed like he is lost in the past.

"My father didn't like it. Being at the mercy of my uncle, he hated it so he made an argument with my ailing grandpa, demanding him to give him equal rights on the Russo Empire. My father was still young and did not had any business exposure at that time so grandpa wanted him to learn the ropes first and then attain a high position but my father did not see the reasoning my grandpa presented. He started demanding half of the Russo wealth." A dry smile formed on his lips.