Chapter 18

Flashback Continues...

Phoebe Point of View

I thought I was the only one who was betrayed by my own parents, but I was wrong. I wonder how people, despite of sharing same blood with their kids, leave them to pay for their mistakes.

Are all parents this heartless? Because, I came to know that many of the ladies in the House are here due to the mistakes their parents or guardians did.

But, Whatever I heard from Nicco, his aunt and Uncle were great parents to not only their son but to Nicco as well.

Taking the shawl from the wardrobe, I wrapped it around her, who slept off on the reading table. Books and papers filled the table along with several sticky notes.

I looked at the small sleeping figure of the girl I came to like so much and shook my head in despair.

Sienna!

She was born with the similar like me but the difference was her parents were already dead years ago and her brother was a good person who had been killed few months ago. She was thrown here by the person who killed her brother.

When I first saw her small and terrified figure, fighting with the House security team to let her go, I felt like I was thrown in the past and the helpless girl fighting her way was me.

She is somehow so similar to me, not only that but she is also different from other ladies here. Sienna is more of a cheerful and a studious kind of girl. Like me, she likes to be educated but unlike me she is lucky to continue her studies all thanks to Rick.

Rick, our supervisor, was friends with Sienna's late brother which made him protect Sienna from the horrible fate coming towards her. I was grateful that at least she is doing what she wanted to.

I jolted out of my thoughts when I heard the incessant ring of my mobile. Looking at the blinking screen, I smiled widely at the name displayed.

"I thought I said I would not talk to you unless you tell me what I asked?" I asked smilingly, picking up the phone and going out to the small balcony, trying not to wake up Sienna.

"And I thought I said you have to guess it?" Nicco answered in a laughing tone seemingly very happy. Just the sound of his laughter makes me pray that he get all the happiness in the world.

"I tried, Nicco. I have already told you different possibilities but nothing is correct. Why don't you just tell me what GNB means?" I asked pacing the balcony with a constant smile playing on my lips.

When Nicco said he has his own company and its name is GNB, I was very curious what it stands for.

I know 'N' stands for Niccolo, his name then what are G and B?

"You still have time till this weekend until I arrived back to New York, so try harder." He said laughing. "By the way, what are you doing?" I smiled when he asked the usual question he always does when he goes out of town for days.

Nicco is now in Belgium for a takeover meeting until this weekend and it has already been a week he left. At first I felt so sad that I would not be seeing him for two long weeks but he made sure to divert my mind by gifting me few books on self development and few inspirational books.

Few days ago when I and Nicco were having a relaxed conversation after sating our needs, he came to know about my love for knowledge and studies. He said he knew from the very start that I have great passion for studying but also confessed that he thought many times to help me study but decided against it.

'You know Bella, there were times when I almost enrolled you in nearby school when I noticed how curious and how receptive you are to everything but I did not want to. You know why? Because I love you! I love you so much, so I saved you from others and kept you with me. But learning is your passion and you have to struggle and fight for it on your own. You would fall down many times, still you have to get up and get what you wanted. Treat this as my gift because sometimes, not providing you with something needed is the way to provide you with the drive to achieve it. I will be waiting for the day when you tell me proudly, "see what I have done with my life, Nicco."'