Chapter 11

Flashback Continues...

Phoebe Point of View

Every minute is a new life, every such life has a new meaning to it,

When you lose such meaning, then every minute of your life is nothing but a cruel death.

What is the meaning of my life?

Was it to be a good daughter who pays of her parents debts?

If yes, then the debts are already cleared, then why am I not happy?

Was it to be a woman who sold her body?

Then, shouldn't I be feeling depressed for going down to such level? But why am I not depressed about my body anymore but miserable due to lose of the man who was suppose to own it?

If any of them are not making my life meaningful then what will?

Tears has been a comfortable enemy to me, smile has been a cruel friend. Days passed by turning into months and months leaped to years but the new life I should be experiencing every minute has been giving me nothing but a hellish death.

How a living person can experience death every moment?

You feel like taking breath has no sense because it only causes burn in your chest. You feel as if there is nothing sweeter than pain. You feel as though your tears are enough to wash out a desert but even they betray you after a while.

You will be full of contradiction, simply put.

Like how I am feeling right now, exactly. Was it a very grave mistake that he did not even come and see me again? Is he so angry at me to not even give me a chance to apologize?

One year three months and sixteen days...

It has been one whole year and three and half months that Niccolo left me in his office after my confession about paying him back. I understood and I want to slap myself for hurting his feelings but am I that bad that he left me without turning back?

There was no news nor any calls from him. I did not see him all these months and it was a new death to me every single moment. I don't think, hell would be anymore cruel place than what I am in.

I miss him.

I miss so much that it is hurting.

I miss him more than anything that I feeling like dying.

I wish I could see him just once, just once for a minute to apologize for my inconsiderate behavior. If I have to kneel down in the middle of the crowded road and beg him for mercy, then I would be happily doing it if I could get Niccolo back.

That was when I understood, how he did become the reason for my existence? I did not even cry more than a few drops when my parents were dead but he has just been a friend to me for few years then how did he become so important to me to the extent of making me worthless if I am not beside him.

It is as if my whole subsistence has a hallmark of his name.

I miss him so much to the extent of feeling the pain of thousand arrows piercing my heart.

"You should eat more." Rick, the new supervisor spoke to me in his indifference tone he always uses.

The Lady supervisor who was cruel to me was no more working in the house and was replaced by this tough looking guy who proved to be much kinder than the cruel lady.

Rick started working as an in-charge from a month after I and Niccolo last talked. He somehow knows my situation and kept on trying to take care of me but in a little harsher way.