Chapter 25

Flashback Continues...

Niccolo Point of View

"Why do you look anxious today?" Vald asked relaxing back in chair and looked at me knowingly.

I sighed and gazed at him apprehensively, "You know why. It's been three days since the Christmas party and I have not been able to get in contact with Phoebe. I – tried to call her but her phone is switched off. I called Rick to know about her but he gave me very vague and short answers telling me that she is not that well." I rambled out my worries.

This is not the first time for Bella to be out of reach for days. She has been unable to get into contact few times before when her phone was under repair or when she was down with cold or flu. But this time it is different.

She has been aloof and very emotional from past few days who got me very worried. I know there is something that is bothering her and I cannot brush off the shallow feeling of something bad happened to her.

"You should've gone to the House and look for her." Vald provided to which I nodded shortly in despair.

"I did yesterday but Rick said Bella is down with flu and do not want to meet me." I fisted my hands in nervousness.

There is definitely something going on. The feeling of my Bella being in danger is just getting intensified every passing minute.

"And you think Rick is lying to you?" Vald questioned. I nodded my head and closed my eyes for a moment to get the growing headache under control.

"Rick sounded very depressed over phone, not to mention the look of fear and surprise I saw when I went to meet Bella yesterday. He looked like –"

"Excuse me, Mr. Russo" I was cut of my a knock on my door by my new secretary who is a pretty good at work male. Harry, my new secretary, walked in holding few files along with bunch of envelopes.

"Yes Harry." I asked politely to which he handed me the files and the envelopes. There is another of a large envelope in his hand which he handed me separately.

"Mr. Russo, I received a letter address to you by Miss Phoebe Smith. Since you ordered me to transfer the calls to you directly if a woman named Phoebe Smith happen to call, so I believed this letter is important to you." He completed, giving me envelope and setting the other letter on my table.

I snatched it from him in hurry and thanked him before asking him to leave. Vald raised an arrogant eyebrow at me but nonetheless left my office when he realized I need my privacy.

A letter from Bella?

Why a letter?

Why would she send me a letter, that too as big as this?

I tore open the cover and pulled out the purple letter sheets from it. I didn't know my Bella is a type to like sending love letter but then again, the bad feeling I am getting through this correspondence cannot be ignored.

I still don't understand why she would not meet me and send a damn letter.

'Dear Nicco,

Ah, her curvy handwriting is the sweetest script I had ever seen.

'If you are reading this letter, then it means I love you so much – so much that I was willing to walk away from you for you. Do you remember, once you said you can be away from me if that makes me happy, that is what I am doing now, Nicco.

My contract period in the escort house came to an end and I am leaving you forever.'

Wh-what? No no no no. No she is not leaving. She didn't!