Chapter 21

Flashback Continues...

Niccolo Point of View

Life cannot be livelier than now. I am having the best days of my life and I am so joyous just by looking at my life in my arms.

Time has proved us wrong every time. When we expected it to turn cruel for us, it actually went easy on me and Bella by showering us with many opportunities to learn about each other and love each other.

I had seen a lot of change in my Bella from the first time I met her. A good change, of course; she was more mature now, more beautiful and more understanding. The childishness that was present in her for the starting few years shaped into much sensual and teasing way.

"So?" She rasped with uneven breath once she settled back on the bed after our love making. How can a person crave for more and more even after having it for more than a decade?

Many of my friends told me that they cannot stay with a single girl for longer period of time as they seem to bore them. But in my case, it is actually reverse. The more I spent time with my chocolate, the sweeter she get. The less I get to see her, the more I crave for her.

It is almost as if she is the source of very breathing. As if she is the very air that keeps me alive.

"So?" I teased back pulling her close for another kiss.

"You were telling me something before things got heated up." She asked blushing in the process. Ah, things are always heated up when the Bella is the person in question.

How can one carry such beauty inside out? Her eyes, her nose, her mouth, her shin, her cheeks, heck, every inch of her is a beauty.

Damn, how did I get so lucky to have her?!

I nuzzled my nose to her cheek and found familiar tingling feeling in my stomach. I thought only girls feel such excitement but I guess love has no gender inequality. The excitement that my Bella builds up in me every moment is such a heavenly feeling.

"There is a party this – "

"Not that again, Nicco. You know I never attend parties with you." She cut off, telling me with worried creases forming on her face.

I know. I know she is not comfortable to be seen with me in public and she absolutely hates going to hi-society parties.

"This is a masquerade party, Love. It's a Christmas eve masquerade party." I told her grinning triumphantly.

Although she is very uncomfortable with going out in public with me, she is also a very curious girl always wanting to know what and how the parties be like. Whenever I use to attend a party and come back, I always take time to describe her what kind of party I attended and what happens in such party.

She does love to experience but it is just that she hates to be a centre of people's attention.

"It's a Christmas eve party hosted by mine and Leo's companies together and this year I suggested a masquerade party; just for you." I smiled looking into her deep affectionate eyes which are displaying unconcealed love for me.

"For me?" She asked hesitantly and hummed in response. "But –"

"No. No buts, My chocolate Bella. You are coming to this party decked up in a beautiful dress and an even more beautiful mask. I specially asked the designer to make a special mask for you." She looked at me hesitantly for a moment and nodded reluctantly putting on an uncomfortable and a troubled expression.

I understand her trouble in meeting new people. World hasn't been very lenient on her so it is reasonable on her part to be scared but I want her to experience the other side of life I lead too. I want her to know everything about me. She has every right to know and I'm more than happy to be transparent with her.