Chapter 8

Flashback Continues...

Niccolo Point of View

"Are you sure, Mr. Russo?" Laura, my PA asked hesitantly shifting from one leg to another.

This is fourth time she is asking the same thing for which I already gave answer too. Why is she acting ahead of me? Am I the boss here or is she dreaming to take my place?

"Read my lips, Laura; I want a full background check on Mr. Ivanov and a full documented copy of his illegal dealings. Call Oliver and get him to work on it. Am I clear, Laura?" I enunciated every word and said harshly. She just nodded her head slightly but still stood in her place without leaving my damn cabin.

What is her problem?

Why did I even hire her in the first place?

"What is it again?" I asked sighing in frustration.

"What if he retaliates for what you are planning to do, Mr. Russo?" There she goes again. I am already irritated due to many reasons, not to mention Bella being one of them, now even my PA started giving me advices for my actions.

"Are you going to tell them, Laura?" I asked slowly, trying to control my raging anger. Laura shook her head furiously in denial and gasped in fear.

"Of course not, sir. I would never dare to." She replied back with an exclamation.

"Do you think Oliver would backstab me and give such crucial information to Ivanov?" I again asked softly to which she shook her head furiously again.

"If I don't tell anyone, you won't tell anyone, Oliver would never tell anyone then how the hell would Ivanov retaliate? By the time I am done with him, he will not be able to lift up his face and look into other's eyes. Now will you please do as I instructed or should I give you insurance for the safety of the job given?" I said sarcastically to which she smiled at me awkwardly and rushed out of my room.

No doubt Laura is a nice girl with good morals and she is the only PA who did not flirt with me and worked diligently but she freaking asks so many questions?

Her every answer starts with question and her every work ends in a question. If I was not satisfied with her work, then she would be searching for another job by now.

My thoughts came to a halt when I heard my office landline phone ringing displaying Laura's code number.

Argh! What is it now?

"Mr. Russo, I am calling Oliver to come and meet you this evening like you instructed. Should I continue with it?" There she goes again.

"Yes, Miss Gray. If it is not too much work for you, then please do." Why are people testing my patience lately?

The first one is Ivanov and the second and the most concerning person is Bella.

Ivanov tried to outwit me by scamming the money I invested in their legal holding by diverting to his illegal casinos.

He must be thinking I'm a fool.

I scoffed at the thought of what I planned for him. After I am done with him, he will not even have capacity to afford a shed t keep his head.

I may be very young compared to other Businessmen but I am not a fool. I am handling the whole Russo Empire from almost five years; does he think I'm a kid?

As this stress is not enough for me, Bella has being stressing me out with her weird behavior from past many days. I don't know who is teaching her and what she is been taught but that girl is trying to get too cozy with me.