Chapter 19

Flashback Continues...

Niccolo Point of View

"Mr. Russo, Mr. Willems is not so keen on partnering with us. He seems to be considering our offer for quite a long time." Laura, my PA stated looking at the contract drafts we made.

I nodded my head looking at the background documents of Mr. Willems. He seemed like a fair person and a good businessman but I have to agree with Laura regarding the amount of time he is taking to conduct a meeting and decide on the project.

Though this is very frequent happening in businesses and nothing strange, but he is taking his sweet time deliberately.

"There is someone else who is trying to double crossing us." I said flipping the pen around my fingers and my eyes frowned in a deep thought.

Someone must be out there who is trying to get this deal for themselves, or their motive can be to spoil my opportunity to make this deal.

Something seems to be off, now that I think about it.

"Ah, yes Mr. Russo. Now that I think about it, I think I saw an executive of Mr. Fernando Russo shaking hands with Mr. Willems' PA." Laura said as her eyes widened a little and brows knitted together in thought.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" I asked her casually because though I am furious about this second hand dealings Fernando is making, I also guess it is not so bad for me.

"I'm sorry, sir. I just saw a glimpse of them two days ago and I did not think much about it." Laura bowed and apologized sincerely but I brushed off her apology giving her a nod.

"It's okay. Prepare to fly back to New York by this evening after dinner and also call Mr. Willems and inform him that we are retreating back from this deal; also send him our special wine bottle with a simple note." I ordered. Laura cleared her throat and looked at me hesitantly as I was closing the files and getting ready to go to my hotel room.

I raised my eyebrow to which she cleared her throat again, "Do you want me to prepare another quotation for this deal, Mr. Russo. A better one than before." She asked me hesitantly to which I chuckled out looking at her uncomfortable stance.

"No." I replied back and noticed Laura giving me a curious frown.

"When I think I understood you a little, you take me by surprise with your unexpected decisions, Mr. Russo." Laura expressed tapping a finger on her head as if she was trying to analyze me. It was amusing how she is so expressive like a theater artist. "It would be a huge disappointment if we do not go through with this deal and still you don't seem to be that disappointed." I nodded and sat back in my chair and pointed a chair across me for her to sit.

As she sat she rubbed her hands in great expectations which made me even more amused. Laura is a good girl, a decent one. Though she is an irritating question bank, she is good at her work and most importantly, she is not unreasonably and blindly attracted to my so called heavenly God like looks.

She's a hardworking woman which makes me trust her with her assistance and makes me want to teach her more about the business.

"I am disappointed, Laura but I am more victorious than upset." She scrunched her face in a comical way. "Fernando is an impulsive man, Laura. He is very proud of his wealth but he is nothing but a destructor." I told her getting a slight nod of mix of understanding and curiosity.

"You mean, if our guess is right and if Mr. Fernando Russo is really up to take this partnership then he will not keep it up with it?" I smirked at her and snapped by finger when she is following along my plan.