I miss her.

But, there was yet another thing that made me self conscious: the fact that Annabeth was hanging with Luke a lot lately. It drove me mad. Just seeing his face made me want to slap him.

But, I couldn't do anything to stop him.

My eyes wandered around the classroom, and they landed on Annabeth. She was waiting anxiously at her table, drumming her fingers on the edge. I was ready and started to walk towards her, talk to her, fix things up, when Luke came in and hugged Annabeth.

I felt an emotion that...that I'd never felt before bubble inside.

Annabeth pulled away with a laugh and there was an twinkle in her eye, a blush on her cheeks, one that I hadn't seen for a long time, one that was always there only when I talked to her.

I clenched my fists. Luke was just gonna hurt Annabeth all over again. He can't do that.

But what rights do you have to stop him? He is keeping Annabeth happier than you did! a tiny voice exclaimed.

I hated it. And I decided I had to confront her, ask her what happened.

The class was boring. As usual. I was distracted by Calypso who was humming a song and her voice sounded so beautiful, I forgot everythung else. I turned my gaze towards her, noticing the way her caramel hair was in curls and cascaded down her back. Her almond shaped eyes closed, the little freckles on the bridge of her nose distracting me.

Before I knew it, class was over. I blinked my eyes and looked around. Annabeth was gone and so had Luke. Calypso tugged on my arm.

"Percy!" She exclaimed, half amused and half annoyed. "Let's go! What are you waiting for? Almost everyone is gone!"

I smiled. "I'll come. Go ahead."

Calypso nodded and gave me a wave before walking away form the class.

I took my books and walked out slowly, turning towards the direction of the lockers. And just as I had guessed, Annabeth was at her locker. She took out her textbook and slammed the locker door. She turned around and her eyes fell on me. The smile on her face turned into a scowl.

"What do you want?" She asked in a low voice, her eyes piercing mine.

"I need to know something," I replied, staring back at her defiantly.

"What?" She snapped.

I winced. I've never seen Annabeth like this. "What are you doing with Luke? You hug him, laugh and smile...don't you remember what he did to you?" I demanded.

Annabeth's eyes widened as if she hadn't expected my question. Then she clutched her textbook, frowning and scowling even more. "Why do you care?"

"Annabeth, did you forget that he cheated on you?"

"Well, Percy, he apologized to me. He said he was really sorry. I forgave him, because we were gonna graduate soon anyways. So why not? And for your information, he certainly did not pester a girl, listen to her confession, then not talk to her for months unlike a certain someone..." Annabeth exclaimed, her words stinging me.