23.

Countdown: 2 more chapters!

-•-
23.
What's Up With Annabeth?
-•-

Percy Jackson

"Um, so our Spanish teacher is Mrs Gonzalez!" I said, the amount of anxiety in my voice rising up quite quickly. I don't know why I was like this. I've never felt anything so..strong for a girl this fast. Why was I so nervous? "And..she can be super sweet, all angel-like, and the very next moment, turn into a female Satan, so...that's just a warning!" I said, with a stupid grin in my face.

Calypso giggled, which I found as something I could hear all day. "Don't worry, Percy," She said, with an adorable smile in her face. "I'll make sure to be extra careful!" I smiled and she smiled back. Then she frowned. "Um, your friends back there...the blond one didn't seem really happy to see me."

"Oh, that's Annabeth. She's actually pretty awesome and sweet once you get to know her," I said, a smile creeping on my face, which I didn't realize, as I thought about her.

Calypso gave me another tiny smile. "You really care about her, huh?"

I nodded. "She's the best best friend you can ever ask for! Like I said, she's awesome! I'm sure you'll like her. But, she can be pretty...possessive when it comes to her friends...once you talk to her, she'll be as friendly as she can be!" I remarked.

Calypso gave me a thumbs up. "Well, it will definitely be on my to-do list: become friends with Annabeth!"

I grinned before patting the seat next to me. "Sit down!" I whispered to her.

She smiled and sat down, all gracefully. She hummed quietly, and her voice was absolutely incredible. I stared at her, amazed, for a long time but blinked as she waved her fingers at me. "Hello? Earth to Perseus?"

I gave out an awkward laugh. "Um, just Percy. I don't like to be called as Perseus."

"Well in that case, call me Cal! No need of Calypso since we're friends! Wait, we are friends right?" She asked, hesitantly.

I chuckled. "Of course! Why do you doubt it? We obviously are friends!"

She let out a deep breath. "I'm glad, because...in my old school, I didn't really have friends. Well, I did have friends, but they were fake. I was pretty popular so most of my 'friends' only pretended to be like that in order to get popular. And most would just follow me for these," she said, sadly, pointing at her face, indicating looks.

I felt bad for her. I placed an arm on her shoulder. "Hey, it's alright. I'm sure you'll love my friends and our little gang! Just wait and watch!"

Calypso smiled gratefully. "Thanks Percy. I can't wait."

"Shush, there she comes!" I said, pointing to our Spanish teacher, Mrs Gonzalez, who hurriedly entered the class.

She clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. "QUIET!" She yelled, cupping her hands for a louder sound. Gods...I hated her. And don't be all, oh, Percy, don't you think hate is a strong word? I don't care if it's strong or not, but it's the right word to describe my feelings towards that horrific teacher.