21.

Countdown: 4 more chapters!

-•-
21.
Challenge Accepted!
-•-

Annabeth Chase

Rachel's little challenge really threw me off. I had this quick vision of me and Percy, holding hands and walking down the road. Like we...like we were a couple. I quickly shook my head.

Nope, couldn't be.

But once I went home, I thought. I kept thinking of the past events. About Percy. And about me. I can't have a crush on Percy, right? I can't...like him in that way, right? I mean, he's just my best friend!

(Annabeth's been getting training from Adrien, I suppose XD)

I was so confused. Did I like Percy? Have feelings for him? I can't...it isn't possible. He probably doesn't like me. I should either...

But then why does my heart flutter around whenever I see him? Why do I get butterflies in my stomach? Why do I get so jittery and nervous?
Why?

Because you like him! a tiny Annabeth exclaimed.

My eyes widened. I really did like him.

And..oh, lords. "He was gonna try to make me fall in love with him.
When I've already fallen for him.

I cleared my throat, tapping my fingers against the table. "Um, mom..how did, uh, how did you realize that you, um, fell in love with, uh, dad?" I asked awkwardly.

It was dinner. My mom chewed her food for a bit before saying, "I just did. You don't know how you fall for someone...you just...feel it, if that makes sense. It's not like you have a specific time written down, like, 'Oh! I'm gonna fall in love at ten 'o clock this Saturday!' It Just comes to you. You realize you've been in love with that person for quite some time! You've fallen for them!" She replied.
Then she smirked. "Why do you ask? Do you love someone?"

"No I don't!" I exclaimed, turning red as a tomato.

"You sure?" My mom asked, trying to look serious but another smirk ruined her act.

"MOM!" I exclaimed, trying to control the rapidly exceeding blush on my cheeks. "I don't like anyone!"

My mom turned back to her food. "Alright, then. Whatever you say!" She said with a playful undertone to her voice.

"Hmph," I groaned. "Moms nowadays."

I heard my mom chuckle as I got up with my plate. I plopped it in the dishwasher, gave my mom a look, before climbing up the stairs to go to my room. I collapsed on my bed, hugging a pillow to my chest. I stared out of the window, watching the clouds lazily move and the moonlight making a beautiful night. I sighed. I wanted to lay outside and gaze at the stars all night long. I smiled to myself before falling into sleep.

-•-

"See you mom!" I said, waving at her. "Bye!"

"Bye, Annabeth!" She said, smiling and waving back, dressed up in her office shirt and pencil skirt. "I've to go early today too. We've got a bunch of different orders today from lots of business tycoons. I might be late! So, you have your key with you, right?"