14.

Good luck with this chapter...
MWAHAHAHAHA

14.
Everything Falls Apart
-•-

• Annabeth Chase •

I scrolled through my phone, my eyes scanning the screen, as my eyes grew wider, and wider. I was in the ending part of a really cute book. I wasn't usually the one for "romantic" books, that was Piper and Silena. But still...this book would literally pull on your heart strings, it was sad and sweet. And I loved the book.

The story was about this girl and boy who had tiny crushes on each other, but they never realised it. The girl was dating another boy, but the boy was cheating on her. At the part I was reading, the girl had just found out that her boyfriend had been cheating on her the entire time and she was crying her heart out. It was so sad, tears formed in my eyes. And I continued to read when Piper waved her hand aggressively in front of me.

"Hello? Annabeth? Ya there? Anyone home??" She asked, tapping my temple with her knuckle.

I rolled my eyes at her. "What is it, Piper?!" I snapped at her. Oh, I did not like it when anyone interrupted me when I was in the middle of reading a book...except maybe Percy.

"Percy is gonna do it today!" She said, sounding almost annoyed.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you mean do it today?" I asked.

Piper huffed, gripping my shoulders, shaking me. "He's gonna confess to Rachel today! Aren't you mad? Why are you sitting like this? Like you don't care?!"

I stared at her, getting more confused and baffled by the minute. "Um...why should I be mad..? Or worry? That literally makes no sense..." I said, shrugging her hands off my shoulder.

"Annabeth!" Piper exclaimed. "Don't you have anything for Percy?! Anything at all? Because it seems like you...ya know, have a 'thing' for Percy...and he has one for you too!"

I glared at her. "When are you gonna stop shipping me and Percy? He is just one of my best friends! And besides, Luke is a really sweet boyfriend, and he is more than I could ever ask for!"

Piper rolled her eyes. "Right..." She gripped the straps of her bag. "You know what? Call me when you finally get over being oblivious and stop denying, okay?" She said, stopping to look at me from over her shoulder before she walked into the hallway.

I narrowed my eyes at her disappearing figure. I pushed my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. I hummed a little song, picking my back up and walking to my locker. On my way, I bumped into Percy. "Oh...hey, Percy.." I said, awkwardly.

What Sally had talked days ago, and what Piper said a few minutes ago swirled around my mind. I tried not to look into his beautiful sea green eyes, as he gripped my hand.

"I need your help, Annabeth," he said, sounding nervous. I looked up to see his eyes dart around nervously, like he had done something wrong and was afraid someone would find out.

"Um...what is it?" I asked him, knitting my eyebrows together.

He opened his mouth, closed it, then tugged on my hand all of a sudden, taking me down the hallway. We stopped at a deserted class. He pushed the door open and held it open, waiting for me to come in.

"What the-? Percy! What are we doing here in this empty-!" I began, when Percy placed his index finger over my lips.

"Shush," he muttered. I slapped his hand away, glaring at him. Percy stifled a laugh, and plopped himself on a table. "Um...how do you win over girls?"