24.

Here's a heads up: this chapter has the Percabeth kiss!

-•-
Chapter 24
Why?
-•-

• Annabeth Chase •

I hated her. I-I felt like she was stealing Percy away from me. And Percy to was swaying towards her.

It had been one month since Calypso popped up in my life. And she fit in quite well. She was cool with everyone. And she also found ways to bond with someone on...practically anything! With Piper she would agree on the fact that beauty doesn't mean everything. At the same time, she and Silena would share makeup tips.

Everyone was absolutely cool with her in our gang...except me. It had been weeks since me and Percy had properly talked. Other than the occasional awkward hallway meetings, we were mute towards each other. He still sat next to Calypso even though there was no need for him to.

Meanwhile I...I've coped up.
I can manage my life without him.

But you love him, don't you? A tint Annabeth questioned inside me, voicing out all my concerns.

But I was ready. I had to move on. He obviously didn't care about me, nor did he want to even be my friend anymore, much less a best friend.

He doesn't like me. He doesn't look at me. He doesn't even talk to me. What's the point of chasing after him?

He doesn't care. He probably likes...Calypso. I should move on. No point in crushing on him.

And so I was ready. I had decided: I would be normal to all my friends, talk with them, laugh like I usually do, but I would not utter a single word to Percy.
If he didn't talk to me, why should I?

But, what was I to do when our horrible history teacher, in order to do a project, partnered me up with, wait for it, wait for it...Percy?!

I could already feel my oath to not even see him crumbling apart. My eyes flashed up and got a glimpse of his gorgeous sea green eyes and all my love for him washed over me.

I bit my lip and forced my eyes to stare at the ground as he plopped his bag down and slumped down the seat.

"I hate you," I blurted out before I could even stop myself.

Percy groaned. "Annabeth, stop acting like this isn't your fault! You and I both know it, none of this would've happened if you could just accept Calypso! You're the one distancing yourself away from me...and everyone else. If you could just-!" He began.

I raised a hand. "Stop, Percy. I hate you. I hate you and her."

"She has a name, Annabeth!" Percy said, rolling his eyes. "Call her Calypso and stop acting as if she's some random girl on the street!"

"You keep taking her side!" I shot back, a lump growing in my throat. "You don't care about your best friend once she comes, right?!"

Percy clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. "Annabeth, I used to adore you, but now...you can't even accept a girl! What is seriously up with you?!"

I got up and slammed my hand against the table. "You know what? I can't work with this. I can't work with you! I'm gonna tell Ms Blackwell to change!" I breathed heavily before storming forwards towards the said teacher.