9.

9.
Memories
-•-

Percy Jackson

"Percy..." a voice droned on. A very familiar one too. "Percy."

I ignored the callings and shifted in my bed. "Lemme sleep!" I mumbled.

Snatch!
My comforter wasn't comforting me anymore and I suddenly felt cold. I opened my eyes to find my mom, her hands on her hips, staring at me, half-angry, half-amused.

"Percy!"

I stuffed my face into the pillow. I could still sleep without a comforter! Even though it was less...comforting.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!"

Oh shit. The full name meant business.
I opened my eyes, giving up, and sitting straight. "Yes mom?" I asked, like a perfectly innocent and model son.

"You have to get to school in another thirty minutes! Which means you only have ten minutes till the bus comes! So, GO! Get ready!" My mom exclaimed.

I rubbed my eyes, wishing I could go back to sleep. "Should I go get ready..?" I mumbled, tiredly. If my face hit the pillow, I would immediately fall into a deep sleep.

"Percy..." my mom droned on, warningly.

"Okay, okay!" I got out of the bed, raising my hands up in surrender. "I'm out!"

"Good!" She huffed before leaving my room.

I've actually been a bit...how do I say this...uneasy? Not comfortable?
Ever since I saw her. Annabeth Chase was troubling me. I had definitely seen her somewhere before...like a long lost relation. But where? And why?

I shook my head. Now was not the time to ponder. Don't wanna miss my bus! Sheesh, can't think of running all the way to school again. I shuddered at the thought and slipped into my bathroom.

Ahhhhhh, showers. The best. Showers are where I can finally let free. I can do whatever I want! If I wanna dance like a frog, or do the Chicken Dance, I can! Who is there to stop me?! Besides, in the shower I don't have the pressure of being the 'popular kid' and stuff...Though my popularity did go down a notch because of good ole Annabeth. I hate her for that.

...do I?

I got out of my shower and slipped on a light blue t-shirt that had the words 'Incoming Waves' etched across. I slid my legs through some black jeans, pulled my dark blue basketball team hoodie on and pushed my feet into a pair of white Converse. Finally, I looked at my hair and huffed. I could waste my time trying to apply gel and tame my hair...but what was the use? In another few minutes, it will be back to normal, my jet-black hair falling over my forehead. I went down the stairs as the smell of fresh blue pancakes wafted in the air.

"Mmm," I said, taking a deep breath. "Mom? Blue pancakes?"

My mom laughed from the kitchen. "Yes, Percy! Now come on! I've got a plate for you!"

I walked into the kitchen and my mom stood near a counter, flipping pancakes. If you look up at the ceiling from exactly where she was standing, you would see the white paint peeling off and some moldy batter. Um, well, that was a story...It was Mother's Day and I wanted to impress my dear mom, so I got help from Paul, and made sure Estelle and Tyson were fast asleep. I sneaked into the kitchen, got the batter of my mom's traditional blue pancakes and decided to make some. And that's when I realized: I wasn't a pro at flipping pancakes. Holy Hera, it was a mess. The blue batter was dripping from the ceiling, a half pancake sticking to it while another half landed square on my head. When mom came down...well, she was surprised.