19.

You're welcome...
*insert finger guns here*

-•-
19.
Belief
-•-

Rachel Elizabeth Dare

"You only have do to this if you want to. Are you sure?" Annabeth asked, hesitantly, her fingers on the hem of my blanket.

"They're my friends," I said, pressing my lips and tightly closing my eyes. "They deserve to know."

"They'll be here in a bit."

Annabeth got up, her face a web of different emotions. I held her wrist tightly before she could leave or do whatever she was going to do. "Stay. Don't leave. You're like a sister to me, Annabeth. Like the sister I lost. I don't wanna lose you."

Annabeth turned around and gave me a wide smile and another hug. "Everything's gonna be alright. If that dumba-idiot, Octavian, comes here to harm you, he'll have to get through all of us."

"I hope so."

We pulled apart as Percy, Thalia, Reyna, Piper, Jason, Frank and Leo walked in.

"We got a call!" Leo said, flashing a smile cheekily. "What's up?"

I told them everything and Annabeth had to step in and say some bits because I would break down, sobbing as discreetly as I could. Once we were finished, Piper wrapped me in a tight hug.

"You're really brave, you know? But why did you hide this from us for so long? We could've helped you!" Piper said, a single tear running down her cheek, her eyes red. "Why, Rachel?"

"I-I thought you would hate me," I said, sniffling. "I thought y-you'd think I-I was a-a cri-criminal, I was a-afraid."

"Oh, Rachel!" She said, hugging me. "I wouldn't be able to think of you like that! It's not your fault!"

"He's coming," I said, in a low voice, once Piper broke away from me. "He sent me messages. I don't know how he found out but he's on his way to New York. I'm...I'm scared. What am I gonna do?"

Thalia shook her head. "Nothing. He won't come. He's just threatening you. Don't give in to the pressure!"

Reyna nodded, placing her hand on Thalia's shoulder. "Thalia's right. It's probably just bluff! He just wants to frighten you! He won't actually come here!"

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down and listen to my friends. "I hope so, I really, really hope so."

That's when my phone chimed and fear struck me again, despite the reassurances from my friends. I took the phone-my hand shivering-and switched it on. Yet another message from Octavian...

'Your school is Goode High School isn't it? I know, Rachel. I'm coming. Wait for me, sweetheart!'
-Octavian

"No..no! You were wrong, Thalia and Reyna! He's coming. He really is!" I said, clutching my blanket tightly as I showed the message to Annabeth and Percy.

"Oh frickin-! Who does he think he is?!" Annabeth said, sounding really angry. "He thinks he can threaten my friend?! He thinks he can give her a good scare?Blackmail her? Oh, I'll give him a piece of my mind! Wait till he comes her so I can judo-flip him and shove my bottle down his throat!"