7.

7.
Whassup New York?!
-•-

• Annabeth Chase •

I looked at the big screen set up inside the airport. My flight to New York was in another one hour. Luke laced his fingers with mine as I tried hard to control my tears. Lou Ellen, Sarah and some of my other friends along with my coach came to give me their goodbyes. My coach replied sorrowfully that she was never gonna find another captain like me, Lou Ellen and Sarah stayed with me, giving me tight hugs, but they eventually had to leave too. My father and Helen dropped me off at the airport and stayed behind, giving me and Luke some privacy. The boys, Bobby and Matthew, were uncontrollable. They demanded me to not go, and were almost depressed. When Helen got them to understand that their sister had to go to New York for some "important work".

Oh, yeah! "Important work", huh? She was the one who brainwashed my dad who forced me to go! What a-!

"Calm down, Annabeth!" Luke said, sensing the fact that I was getting angry.

"Luke! I'm leaving to frickin New York, which is on the other side of America!" I argued.

"I know but-"

"Whatever, Luke!" I snapped. "I have to leave."

I walked over to where Helen and my father were standing, along with Bobby and Matthew. I glared at Helen and my dad, then knelt down to give the twins a hug.

"Don't leave, Annabeth!" Bobby cried, as Matthew nodded rapidly.

"I'm sorry guys, but I really don't have a choice!" I exclaimed, shooting the last part at Helen and my father.

I muttered a quiet, "Bye," to my dad as he said, "Sorry it turned out this way," over and over again. But I wasn't listening. I waved at Bobby and Matthew then walked towards Luke.

Luke kissed me one last time. "Don't forget me, okay?"

I laughed bitterly. "I couldn't forget you even if I want to."

Luke held my chin and made me look at him. "I love you, Annie."

Another lump in my throat. "I-I love you, too," I replied, my voice cracking.
I clutched the straps of my bag and held my luggage. "See you."

Luke waved sadly, the cries of the twins echoing in the background as I walked towards the counter.

-•-

I gazed out of the window. Clouds flew past me and the sun seemed brighter than ever. A girl and her mom came over to the row I was sitting in, putting their luggage on top, and settling down. The girl seemed really talkative, her mom trying to politely answer all of her questions. I tried to divert myself and engaged in a conversation with the child.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hiya!" The girl replied. The girl's mother looked at me with relief and gratefulness, like I had saved her from her daughter.

"I'm Annabeth. What's your name?"

"Estelle. Estelle Blofis!" The girl stuck her tongue out playfully.