BIABY: Epilogue (Re-Published)

Start from the beginning

"I'm home!" Ashton calls when he steps into the front door of his house. Thayer comes running to jump into his father's arms. He leaves a kiss on the child's forehead and sets him back down. "Jet?"

"In here!" Jetta calls from the kitchen-she is still busy with scrubbing the pots and pans needed for tonight's dinner. She is still shaking from her earlier argument with Brenton. Ashton walks into the kitchen after slipping off his shoes and throwing his jacket aside. He hugs his wife and greets her with a kiss on the cheek.

"Adelyn will be here any minute now. Just letting you know." Jetta says scrubbing the last pot in the sink. Ashton grabs a dishtowel and dries the pot to help out his wife. She thanks him with a small peck on the cheek. "So where's Jace?" Jetta asks and sits up on the counter sipping from her mug of coffee.

"He was at the park, like always. Although, he was with the Clifford girl. It's funny, Michael and I used to be best friends and now-nothing. We don't even speak anymore. I don't even know his daughter's name, let alone her age." Ashton rants, cracking his back. Jetta wrinkles her forehead.

"Yeah, what happened there? Was that right after the band broke up?" Ashton nods and groans, "I think that I should invite him and his girlfriend over for dinner. Hell, even his daughter can come-I don't care."

Jetta smiles at her husbands idea and agrees, "I think that would be a good idea. I will have to set at least three more spots at the table but that's quite alright."

The front door slams and Jace walks in red faced. He's been crying and he and Amanda-the Clifford's daughter-are the only ones that know why. Jace storms to his room locking his door behind him. He throws his phone across the room in anger. He's mad at himself. He's mad at Amanda. It's going to start another feud that he doesn't want to be a part of. Jace needs to take a breather. He sits on his bed and takes deep breaths. His throat hurts from screaming and the constant crying. The posters on his wall take his attention and make him think. Will the bands help him through his problems? He gets up, snatches his phone laying on the ground, and gets on Safari.

'I'm sorry momma!

I never meant to hurt you!

I never meant to make you cry; but tonight

I'm cleaning out my closet (one more time)

I said I'm sorry momma!

I never meant to hurt you!

I never meant to make you cry, but tonight

I'm cleaning out my closet'

Jace lets the lyrics seep into his soul. He is sorry. He didn't mean to. His mother is going to kill him. His father is going to kick his ass. He's a 17 year old kid and everyone makes mistakes right? No, not this big of a mistake. Brenton's fucking screwed. His life isn't going to be the same ever again. Everyone is going to judge him. No girl will ever like him again. They all will avoid him because of the same reason.

A knock sounds on his door. Jace's eyes grow wide and he tries to wipe the tears from his eyes and reduce the dry sound from his voice, "Come in." His father cracks the door and pokes his head in.

"Your sister is here. You wanna come say hi?" Ashton smiles seeing that his son is hurting for some reason. Ashton bothers not to ask, knowing that he will get the door slammed in his face or screamed at. He knows his son more than Jetta does. Jace shakes his head hiding his eyes from his father. He knows better than to ask him if anything is wrong. That's just a known fact.

"Hey buddy!" Adelyn shouts as Thayer comes running towards her. "Addy!" Thayer yells and jumps into his older sister's arms. Adelyn hasn't been home in the last few years after she left for University. This is one of the very few times she's visited.